Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting and the professional athlete... >

Bowhunting and the professional athlete...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting and the professional athlete...

Old 05-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bowhunting and the professional athlete...

Seriously though, think about having all that money and no time to go Hunting if you wanted to. The NHL and NFL guys are kinda **** out of luck when it comes down to it. The season coincide with each other! When Brett Favre was on Letterman he admitted that he would go Bowhunting on game days just outside of Green Bay but never killed anything! Going from the peacefulness of the woods to playing in front of 50,000 people, crazy!

on a side note....
I just read in the paper today that Nick Lindstrom, the Captain for the Detroit Red Wings and best Defense man to play the game was saying after they beat the Penguins and win the Stanley Cup this year he is thinking about taking some time off to go Bowhunting in Northern Michigan! He invited Sidney Crosby but he can't go hunting yet because of his tender young age and he didn't pass his hunter education class yet!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting and the professional athlete...

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Its like working in the hunting industry !!!

Well, there is an upside...those guys can retire and buy a huge farm...set it up perfectly for big buck management !!
Which Farve has already done. It was about 3 years ago he bought a huge spread here in Illinois. I don't know if he is hunting it yet, but I am sure it has been well taken care of.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

boo hoo, I have a big tear in my eye for all those millionaires. They give up a few years of their lives doing their dream jobs. Then they get to live the life of leasure doing anything they want to dofor the rest.
I really feel sorry for them.[8D]
Old 05-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

jason isringhausen killed a monster with his bow this past year in pike county ill.
but in my opinion for deer hunting, baseballs the best, but it kinda sucks for turkey hunting
Old 05-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Well, there is an upside...those guys can retire and buy a huge farm...set it up perfectly for big buck management !!
Which Farve has already done. It was about 3 years ago he bought a huge spread here in Illinois. I don't know if he is hunting it yet, but I am sure it has been well taken care of.
Not the only one, Jim Thome has a place in Fulton County, IL. He bought up a chunk of old strip mining land for hunting and fishing.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

boo hoo, I have a big tear in my eye for all those millionaires. They give up a few years of their lives doing their dream jobs. Then they get to live the life of leasure doing anything they want to dofor the rest.
I really feel sorry for them.[8D]
I'm with ya there Magic!!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

the only thing i know for sure is....GO PENS RUUUTUUUUU!!!i know i know i think we have a small shot at it but red wings are on fire as usual
Old 05-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wallhangr

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Not the only one, Jim Thome has a place in Fulton County, IL. He bought up a chunk of old strip mining land for hunting and fishing.

thomes farm is crazy! its on a couple of the drurys dvds
Old 05-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm with ya there Magic!!
Plus one more.

Cry me a river!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.