Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's "Fun", to you? >

What's "Fun", to you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's "Fun", to you?

Old 05-21-2008, 12:21 PM

Default RE: What's "Fun", to you?

the experience all together of hunting is fun to me. getting away from my day to day life, being in the outdoors, the beauty of nature, and the hard work it takes all add up to me. It is the combination of hardwork and results
Old 05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Fun to me when it comes to bowhunting is finding the biggest buck in my hunting area and then setting out to get a chance at him. Its getting much harder in my hunting areas since I am not the only one with permission to hunt these areas.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Fun to me when it comes to bowhunting is finding the biggest buck in my hunting area and then setting out to get a chance at him. Its getting much harder in my hunting areas since I am not the only one with permission to hunt these areas.
oh yeah Mag... I am with you on the finding part.. luckily for me in these big woods, I can usually find a couple big boys (for my areas)...to hunt every season.. the process is always a blast.. gives ya something to look forward too everyday!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:30 PM

OH Dan, Danny Boy, you are wrong, I mean it was Magic that said he feared only one, guess who?? the Birdman!!! Oh gosh, I wish we could go back and relive the 80's Celtics vs Lakers. The whole NBA,Man that was basketball wasn't it?? I mean come on, Thr Dr. J, MJ, Bird, Magic, Worthy, etc....
Old 05-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

OH Dan, Danny Boy, you are wrong, I mean it was Magic that said he feared only one, guess who?? the Birdman!!! Oh gosh, I wish we could go back and relive the 80's Celtics vs Lakers. The whole NBA,Man that was basketball wasn't it?? I mean come on, Thr Dr. J, MJ, Bird, Magic, Worthy, etc....
Awesome times!! As far as Magic fearing Bird. He was always politically correct and I am sure he respected him but...............

He wasn't Skeered![8D]

Dan
Old 05-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

It's been said before, but I enjoy just being out there enjoying the great outdoors and all it has to offer. Some days are more enjoyable than others and it's not always the oneswhen you shoot something either.

An example of this was last year I took my 9 year old daughter along with mewhitetail huntingin our traditional rifle season here in Pennsylvania. She was a real trooper, it was very cold that day and she never once complained and actually didn't want to leave when we had to go. I have to admit I forgot how good homemade hot chocolate and cookies taste on a cold day in December . We never did see a deer that day and that was OK with us, it was just great being together enjoying the outdoors. This to me was the best and most fun day of hunting I have ever had.

Take care,

Brian
Old 05-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: BPBowhunter

It's been said before, but I enjoy just being out there enjoying the great outdoors and all it has to offer. Some days are more enjoyable than others and it's not always the oneswhen you shoot something either.

An example of this was last year I took my 9 year old daughter along with mewhitetail huntingin our traditional rifle season here in Pennsylvania. She was a real trooper, it was very cold that day and she never once complained and actually didn't want to leave when we had to go. I have to admit I forgot how good homemade hot chocolate and cookies taste on a cold day in December . We never did see a deer that day and that was OK with us, it was just great being together enjoying the outdoors. This to me was the best and most fun day of hunting I have ever had.

Take care,

Brian
Demands respect. Great reply.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GregH

Take care,

Brian
Thank you Greg
Old 05-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take care,

Brian
x2 there Greg. Excellent post Brian!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 03:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Take care,

Brian
x2 there Greg. Excellent post Brian!!!!!!!
Thanks for the compiment Schultzy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.