Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where do you buy and why? >

Where do you buy and why?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where do you buy and why?

Old 05-19-2008, 02:28 PM

Default RE: Where do you buy and why?

The mega stores because they are cheaper. That's how I roll.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

I buy MOST of my stuff locally but am starting to use the internet more.

More because the local guy holds only small stocks and it can take a month for it to get in.

I don't mind paying A BIT more to support local bussiness but if there is a big difference I will get it via the net.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

There really isn't a good Pro Shop close, so mostly Cabela's, Bass Pro or on-line.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

internet most of the time....

why? price, availability, ease...

i can save money, know they have it, and not have to listen to sales pitches on why i should spend 50$ more on a rest or whatever...

shops around here are pretty poor IMO. ive NEVER had anyone offer to order me anything. "nah we dont carry that" is all i get when i go in wanting something...and they ARE dealers of the item makers im looking for...and they all seem to have "something against me" it honestly feels like im bothering them when i ask for something...im a paying customer and im young n dumb with money to blow...but i always feel like im bothering them...

im slowly trying to become self sufficient...i need a press and arrow building supplies and i'll likely only see a shop when im buying a new bow...hopefully i live far enough away from a shop i can order that too lol.

i even started shooting at a shop every weekend this winter...the guys knew i came every saturday or sunday morning around the same time...still got the grumbling...quit shooting there too...
Old 05-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on who has it, how fast I need/want it or where Im at at the time.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Vender's at a Traditional shoot I go to every year is where I get the majority of my stuff. Some of the stuff Is also bought on line. I have no decent Archery shops around here, there all compound freaks and have no idea what Traditional equipment is about.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I get 95% of my hunting related items from Cabela's. Because of their selection,customer service,and their return policy. Oh yea, their mail order service/delivery is second to none!Going to their store in Hamburg is an outing in itself.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:50 PM

I buya lot of stuff off of the internet (ebay, etc.) because you can get stuff a lot cheaper. If you are talking bows, the only problem is warranty or lack of(depending on the manufacturer). I purchased a new Bear bow off of eBay and the warranty is still valid. Warranty won't be valid on the high endbig names (Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech) if purchased off of the internet. Most of the times that wouldn't matter, because I would still be ahead of the game (if I had to get something fixed) because of how much money I saved. Other than the internet, I buy a lot of things at Cabelas because of their return policy. Sometimes I like to try something, and I find out I don't like it. Take it back with no problems. Can't do that with most of the pro shops.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:50 PM

I get all of my stuff from the pro shop. It's close to home and they have a good selection, plus my buddy owns it so I'm kind of obligated.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:00 PM

Depends on who has what I want and what I am looking for. Little things I will get at a mega store like Cabela's or something if they have it and my shop doesn't. However things like a new bow or arrows I get from a pro shop no two ways about it. I also buy most of my guns from a gun store.

I order very little, I do not like buying things over the internet. As a matter of fact I can't think of anything archery related I have not bought at point of sale.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.