Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

atlatl

Old 05-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: atlatl

I would give it a try if I had the time to get good with it.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:04 PM
bigcountry

At the balt trad classic this weekend, I saw the national champion using one. Didn't know they had a champion. But anyway, he was only like 14 and was hitting targets 100 yards away. Pretty cool

Old 05-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

At the balt trad classic this weekend, I saw the national champion using one. Didn't know they had a champion. But anyway, he was only like 14 and was hitting targets 100 yards away. Pretty cool

WOW, that would be pretty cool to see. I want one!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a really cool weapon and it's deadly as all hell in the right hands.I tried one a few years ago and apparently,I didn't have the right hands 'cause that was hard to get any kind of accuracy with it.I've seen skilled and well-practiced throwers and if I was as good as them,I'd give it a shot
Old 05-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd have to practice with it quite a bit before I'd go after game with it, but then I had to do the same with any weapon I currently use. I recently spoke with a gent who owned one at a local festival, he said that with practice you could pick it up fairly quickly and expect reasonable accuracy. He was able to keep it inside a 9" paper plate at 30 yards after his first day.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

You better believe it......

I was a short lived college baseball pitcher with an honest 90mph fastball. (albeit I didn't always know EXACTLY where it was going)
17 years later I can still scoot it up there in the low 80's. LOL
I seem to have a knack for instinctive shooting and was blessed with a heck of an arm, so bring on the Atlatl.
Matt should we change your nickname to "Wild Thing" LOL[8D]

I have used an Atltl before. One of my shooting buddies made one and brought it into the shop to try it. OMG it is freaking hard!!! Anyone who can take an animal with one of those has ALL my respect. Im sure with lots of practice one could get good. But its would be pretty cool to hunt with one if you really to get in touch with the primitive hunter in all of us.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt should we change your nickname to "Wild Thing" LOL[8D]
You should see how much extra room on the outside of the plate a 91mph 2 seamer in the earhole gets you on the next 3 or 4 batters.
I think I said "Whoops, Sorry bout' that" more than a couple times. LOL

Not sure I'd want to see an Atlatl arrow in the earhole?

Old 05-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would use one, but only if I were hunting with a few other people...to help me track.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

can that actually kill a deer?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah theres a vid of some kid spearing somepenned up animal. Theres a thread around here, caused quite the spat

Quick Reply: atlatl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.