Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 05-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you Bow-Hunt during gun season ?

I bow hunt from Oct 1 till sometimes in Jan. When gun season opens I go where they don't.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

No way!!! I LOVE shooting deer with a gun as much as I love shooting them with a bow .....
Same here.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt with my bow exclusively. I should have also mentioned that the state land I hunt is archery ONLY! Ya gotta luv it!!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't gun hunted in years and have no desire to whether it be for white tail, mule deer, or elk.

I am not against it, just doesn't do anything for me.

I would rather have the memory of seeing a buck of a lifetime with bow in hand and not being able to get a shot for whatever reason (yardage, angle, brush, etc) than shoot one with a gun.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, I hunt with whatever is in season. Still waiting for potato gun season to open in IL.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a bow hunter through and through, no gun hunting for me. Anyway back to the question I do bow hunt during the gun season, allot of the times I see the most deer during the gun season. I usually see the most deer from about 10 am till 1 pm. These are the times the gunners are usually getting off there stands in the morning and then going back out after lunch. They really do an excellent job in spooking deer to me. Another reason too is when they all get lined up and do there deer drives, I see more deer then the neighbors doing the drives. I always set up different for hunting when I know the neighbors are pushing there land. After gun season these deer are down right tuff to hunt!! There so damn spooked from all the pressure the gun hunters put on them that getting a deer is one heck of a challenge after gun season. Even the fawns are 10 times smarter then they were before gun season. We have over loads of hunters around here that just drive and drive which puts these deer on alert so much from getting chased around for 6 days, hardly any of them stand hunt anymore.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with you DropTine....When those shotgunners come blasting through the woods in Jersey, I'm still out there hunting. The only thing I have a problem with is when the bird hunters are out and they are shooting at trees next to me and then they say they didn't see my orange vest
Old 05-17-2008, 09:13 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Yes

Old 05-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, bow only during the gun season. I love it!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:22 AM

I carried my bow with me during the third rifle season last year in Colorado. Wound up getting my best mulie buck ever with a bow.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.