Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So what do you guys do in your off time >

So what do you guys do in your off time

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So what do you guys do in your off time

Old 05-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So what do you guys do in your off time

Bump.[:@]
Old 05-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since I have been retired several years, I do MORE.
I spend lot's of time with our teen kids during summer-our Biological are grown (5) & we have been Foster Parents for several years now. We take the teens no one else seems to be able to handle. We usually do a weekend trip or two (summer)at a amusement, water park in Wis..Amusement park in Central Iowa (kids love em). At least ONE winter trip to a Indoor water park.
I am in the process of setting up a deep sea fishing trip for everyone during spring break in March(Texas) & hopefully get a couple days of Javalina/Hog Bowhunting also. We are planning a trip to Colorado Mountains-hotel, camp, trout fish-none of the kids have been to Mtns & all want to go & camp. I am not thrilled about that-at my age, I have done weeks, Hell, MONTHs of camping at a stretch.We have agreed to camp a couple days ON TOP of the Mountain & fish for Brookies (I know a place).We do day trips fishing at home (we live about 10 min. from the Miss. River). Summer Camp for the kids & wife & I usually go to Vegas for a few days of recoup time. I also sneak in a couple hog Bowhunts in Oklahoma or Texas (June 9th going for a few days). Wife was critically Ill & still recovering (8 months now) so I DID NOT Deer hunt last year. This fall will be taking kids with (they want to go) & 2 of the girls will be hunting. IF they want to learn to shoot a bowI have everything Teens need * IF * they want to Bowhunt they go to a weekend hunter ed outdoor class in Aug..Our kids go hunting with me lots (their choice). We are a busy family but we plan things EVERYONE enjoys. We let our kids be kids. This will be the start of my 52nd Year of Bowhunting & I have experienced many a Bowhunt in many places over the years-now, I just try & give someone else a chance in a sport that has been such a large part of my life "IF" they want. Oh, we have a couple great ball players & track kids too along with great academics.
Oh, I have also made informational videos since 1990 & continue to do so & we have a new girl showing lots of interest/potential in video production.
You just NEVER know what will happen at our house or where we might be headed for a day,weekend or week. My wife & I have been very blessed & our Bio children have all made us proud too.....Oh, we get to do things with & for our grandkids too-they do not go un rewarded. They love coming to our house, especially when an event is planned-wonder why.....
I have had a couple teen boys experience Javalina & Hog Bowhunting with me. Some experiences they will never forget....
Off season is Hogs, Fishing,& anything FUN at our house.
I only hope you & yours are as blessed as we are.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I drive a racecar during my off time. I actually like it more than hunting but not by much. Here is a pic of my car
Old 05-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fish, golf, shoot and work.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

I drive a racecar during my off time. I actually like it more than hunting but not by much. Here is a pic of my car
You ever Run at Pevely? I-57 Raceway?

Dan
Old 05-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
that raceways right off of I-55

its about 10 miles south of my house

Old 05-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i play high school baseball, for two teams, and i go to school. so i dont have much off time

but i play baseball, shoot hoops, work out, shoot the bow. party. oh and sleep and eat[8D]

and hunt of course

Old 05-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spend as much time as possible with my wife and sons, the boys are getting into sports, shoot our bows,hunt, fish, camp, atv, snowmobile and boat together.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
that raceways right off of I-55

its about 10 miles south of my house
See I had a Brain Fart!

I've been close to your house a lot then

Dan

Quick Reply: So what do you guys do in your off time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.