Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wHAT KINDA STAND YOU HUNT OUT OF MOST >

wHAT KINDA STAND YOU HUNT OUT OF MOST

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wHAT KINDA STAND YOU HUNT OUT OF MOST

Old 05-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default wHAT KINDA STAND YOU HUNT OUT OF MOST

SEE TITLE
Old 05-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wHAT KINDA STAND YOU HUNT OUT OF MOST

It used to be built stands that I always hunted out of, but in the last few years as I got more serious and aquired more permission to hunt other properties, it has been lock ons.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:54 AM

Climber, almost exclusively.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Climber. I do have a few ladder stands and Loc ons, but those are out there mostly for my youngest son who I do not trust in a climber yet.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lone Wolf sit and climb, exclusively.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Climbers are too noisy, too heavy, you have to hump them in, out, set them up, break them down. All making your core temp raise which will cause you to sweat and leave scent. Not to mention the extra noise.
Noise is the first thing you mentioned.Get a Lone Wolf and forget about!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

i HUNT MOSTLY OUT OF A CLIMBER, AND HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE NOISE, ALOT OF TIMES i WILL GO IN THE DAY BEFORE AND SET UP A CLIMBER.. i HAVE A LADDER STAND i AM ANXIOUS TO TRY OUT THIS YEAR THOUGH..
Old 05-14-2008, 12:43 PM

Mostly ladder stands and lock-ons with climbing sticks
Old 05-14-2008, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Last year I hunted out of a climber very often, trust me...it wasnt the plan...and I didnt like it.

Climbers are too noisy, too heavy, you have to hump them in, out, set them up, break them down. All making your core temp raise which will cause you to sweat and leave scent. Not to mention the extra noise. Think you dont make noise ? BS..Things his the stand, you have to climb, things bump the stand while climbing. You pull your bow up, it hits the rail. They are too noisy, even with noise reducing modifications.

I did shoot my buck out of a climber.

They are comfortable, though. And mobile. Once I found a good tree, I left it attatched to the base, all season. If I had aqquired my property earlier, I would have had hang ons all over, like I do this year.

I have 1 ladder that is set up on a GOOD funnel.

I have, man...about 20 or so hang on sets hung already.
LOL....whatever. I've shot every deer I've ever killed out of a climber, and that's quite a few. Some of us don't have the money to buy 20, 30 or however many fixed stands, climbing sticks or steps....Hell, a good fixed stand isn't cheap....Let's just figure 80 bucks for a good one. Yes, I know there are cheaper, but they are just that.....CHEAP. Speaking of noisy.....cheap fixed stands are about as loud as they come. So, if the average good stand is 80 bills, ah hell, let's go 50, just for the sake of argument. And you have 20 sets....Hell, that's $1000 just in stands, not to mention climbing stix......

NO THANK YOU. I spent $240 on my climber, and I can hunt everywhere I want to. As far as humping them in, setting them up, and taking them out.....Suck it up. It's still not as much work as setting all those stands in the spring.

Quick Reply: wHAT KINDA STAND YOU HUNT OUT OF MOST

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.