Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Katera XL

Old 05-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Katera XL

What is everyones opinion on the Katera XL? I was thinking about trading my Trykon for one, just wanting to hear what others thought of this bow.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Katera XL

I have just shot one in the shop and LOVE the draw cycle,much better than the Trykon imo.I have a bad shoulder and was able to pull it with ease at a higher poundage than I currently shoot.

It heald fairly steady as well,not as steady as a true competition bow but more than adequate for a hunting model.

It was quiet and smooth,even without any extra stabilizer or dampening devices.

IMO,a great choice for hunting.

Definately on my short list,if I decide to buy this year.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

TFOX - Thanks for the reply. I am heading to the local Hoyt dealer today, he said he has a few of every model of bow setup so I can do some arrow flinging. I have a bad shoulder as well, partially tore my rotator cuff 2 winters ago.

The Trykon is definately not overly smooth, but it sure does shoot good. Trying to decide now if I want to trade it, or just keep it for a backup bow.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

You will love the draw of the Katera XL over the Trykon,especially with the shoulder.

Take a look at the 7-37 as well,that is a real shooter.That bow holds like a rock at full draw.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

just got my katera xl back - put a LD on it yesterday - shooting really great with acc 360's and stinger buzzcuts- and it is rock solid ,tuff as nails and a pleasure to shoot -
Old 05-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Rammer

What is everyones opinion on the Katera XL? I was thinking about trading my Trykon for one, just wanting to hear what others thought of this bow.
Its a Awesome bow.Shoot it if u havent an tell us what u think.Im sure you,ll agree
Old 05-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

I have shot the XL and the smaller Katera, both phenominal bows. I shot a lot of bows in the last month and the Katera was my favorite by far, smooth draw and extremely forgiving for such a low brace height.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an appointment with the local shop owner at 7. We'll see what happens.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:24 PM

I want one. I need one. However, I got a new VectrixXL (great bow) last month andmy wife says we need a new sprinkler system. My have to wait on this one.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Katera is ordered, be in next week.

Quick Reply: Katera XL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.