Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Six tag soup

Old 05-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Six tag soup

Oh well, six turkey tags I get to eat this year. Two from New Mexico and four from Texas. It wasn't for lack of effort. I did a lot of traveling this year and spent more time in the woods during spring season than ever before. I never got agobbler in range and only saw 3 male birds all season. The closest place I hunted was a 3 hour drive. With todays gas prices and my wifes recent illnessI didn't do any preseason scouting and it really showed. All the places I hunted were new to me this year. Next year I will be more familiar with the land and hopefully will have a chance to scout. I still enjoyed myself and thats what really matters. Now let me check Texas Parks and Wildlife website, when does deer season start?
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 AM

Default RE: Six tag soup

You cook them tags just right, they don't taste to bad. They aren't nearly as good as deep fried turkey breast buy hey......

Sounds like you had a tough season bud. I'm ready for deer season myself. I have visions of antlers dancing in my head.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old Bay adds some good taste...sry about your luck man!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:50 AM

Don't worry I did the same thing this year for deer. 3 tags for bow, 3 tags for gun - struck out on both seasons.

Add a little fennel and they get a bit of an Italian flavor - they are pretty eatable like this
Old 05-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Let me know how they taste. I'm looking at eating two, myself, if I dont get a bird, Saturday.

'07......turkey season.....25 hunts.

'08 .....turkey season (so far) 4 hunts (with bow in hand).
Old 05-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

I am an executive chef of tag soup, but I enjoy every minute in the woods regardless.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

It happens to the best of us....I am in West Texas, and the birds weren't near as good this year as what I have seen in the past. It seemed that every weekend, the wind was constantly blowing hard and never let up.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Oh well, six turkey tags I get to eat this year. Two from New Mexico and four from Texas. It wasn't for lack of effort. I did a lot of traveling this year and spent more time in the woods during spring season than ever before. I never got agobbler in range and only saw 3 male birds all season. The closest place I hunted was a 3 hour drive. With todays gas prices and my wifes recent illnessI didn't do any preseason scouting and it really showed. All the places I hunted were new to me this year. Next year I will be more familiar with the land and hopefully will have a chance to scout. I still enjoyed myself and thats what really matters. Now let me check Texas Parks and Wildlife website, when does deer season start?
That's a bitter pill to swallow. As long as you learned something!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks Greg....................do what I did with my Kansas Tag...........put a little Cholula on it

Old 05-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]