Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 would you have done the same? >

would you have done the same?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you have done the same?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: would you have done the same?

absolutely
Old 05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes. No reason to talk about it though. For me, in a very few instances, personal ethics takes precedence over law. However, to each his own.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

NO doubt, I would have done the sme thing.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some of you said i did the right thing and some of you said i didnt. But i just couldn't sit there and watch the fawn dying, im not that kind of guy. To me watching a deer suffering is like watching a kid getting hit by a car and just watching him cry and suffer. What would you do if that happend? You'd probly go out and do wat was best for the kid and help him, and the same thing with a deer, i thought putting it out of her misery was best for her so thats what i did. Someone mentioned something about the wolf/deerratio type deal for my area, if you dont believe it come up here and hunt,5 out of 7 guys in my hunting group never boughtlicenses last year because they dont see a point in deer hunting and watching wolves instead of deer.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wisbowhunter2009

Some of you said i did the right thing and some of you said i didnt. But i just couldn't sit there and watch the fawn dying, im not that kind of guy. To me watching a deer suffering is like watching a kid getting hit by a car and just watching him cry and suffer. What would you do if that happend? You'd probly go out and do wat was best for the kid and help him, and the same thing with a deer, i thought putting it out of her misery was best for her so thats what i did. Someone mentioned something about the wolf/deerratio type deal for my area, if you dont believe it come up here and hunt,5 out of 7 guys in my hunting group never boughtlicenses last year because they dont see a point in deer hunting and watching wolves instead of deer.
What part of northern wis do you hunt?
Old 05-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ashland County, it's 23 miles south of Ashland or lake Superior
Old 05-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still have a hard time believing there are MORE wolves than deer. Just seems crazy. Maybe there are though...I'd like to read a study or something.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The wolf to deer ratio is about the same in most spots in my area, I wish there was a way where we could really find out how many wolves there are though, the DNR never believed wolves killed dogs and what not until my brother in law brought a dog in all ripped up in a bag from wolves, tore the dog right apart and then the DNR kept telling him not to open it but he did anyhow and they shut right up. I also just read from this post that someone said i should've took a picture of what a wolf really does and i should've but i never had a camera on me, from now on i will be carrying one though.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wisbowhunter2009

Ashland County, it's 23 miles south of Ashland or lake Superior
Mellen area? I hunt clam lake area
Old 05-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, by fawn do you mean last years fawn? Or are you talking newborn?

I can't really say what I would have done. I don't walk around with a gun unless I'm hunting, so I couldn't have shot it. Honestly, I probably would have left it there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.