Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mineral help!

Old 05-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mineral help!

How do you use your minerals? Do you just place them on the ground? Bury them? And what types of minerals do you use? I want to start putting minerals out and need help!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Mineral help!

I use a combination of Trace minerals, Dicalcium Phosphate and salt. I have a site that's about 3'x3'.....and I mix it in with the soils, there, for about 8" in depth(using a small shovel).

Hope this helps.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you use blocks or loose minerals?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I buy the ingredients (see former post) separately and mix them, myself, in a 5gal. bucket before I take them out to the site. I usually take a 1/2 bucket out there every couple months during the winter....and about every month during the spring and summer.

During the winter.....you'll see a lot of evidence of the minerals you took out last time when you go to your site. During the spring and summer.....they really tear 'em up.....and will dig them out of the ground as fast as you can put 'em out there. This is also where I keep my trail cam.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I buy the ingredients (see former post) separately and mix them, myself, in a 5gal. bucket before I take them out to the site. I usually take a 1/2 bucket out there every couple months during the winter....and about every month during the spring and summer.

During the winter.....you'll see a lot of evidence of the minerals you took out last time when you go to your site. During the spring and summer.....they really tear 'em up.....and will dig them out of the ground as fast as you can put 'em out there. This is also where I keep my trail cam.
Is there a certain amout that you mix of each? Do you have a recipe you follow or not? Thanks for all the help!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I made up 200#'s a couple years ago....and I still have a little left.

If I remember correctly.....it's 2 parts trace minerals; 1 part salt; 1 part dicaclium phosphate. I made up 200#'s and put it in an old cooler. I just scoop out what I need, now.

Good luck.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK great! Thanks for all your help!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can also buy mineral supplements as well that include all the necessary vitamins and minerals necessary for optimal anterl growt: Phosphorus, Calicium, Vitamins A, D, E, etc. Some even include amounts of Protein as well. We use Whitetial Institute 30.06 and are going to expierment with Antler King's mineral supplement this upcoming summer as well.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:01 PM

Where can you find trace minerals and dicaclium phosphate?
Old 05-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

Where can you find trace minerals and dicaclium phosphate?
Your local co-op or farm feed mill.

Quick Reply: Mineral help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.