Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wife/Girlfriend hunting partners?? Why? Who? >

Wife/Girlfriend hunting partners?? Why? Who?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wife/Girlfriend hunting partners?? Why? Who?

Old 05-03-2008, 01:01 PM

Default RE: Wife/Girlfriend hunting partners?? Why? Who?

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

ORIGINAL: brotherbdc

my wife hunts on ocasions, I enjoy her comming, however she is to girly (wich is a good thang)
I'm with you on that one. I'm not into the tomboy type, I want my girl to be girly. I like the long nails, pretty long hair and to see her in a dress or skirt every now and then. I don't really want a girl that's more of a man than I am.

Paul
You guys need to stop putting women into groups; either tomboy or high maintenance. LOL. Some girls are both; I look extremely high maintenance; but, I am just as comfortable out in the woods in an elkcamp. So I guess it just depends on the girl.

Honestly, for the most part I agree with some of the stuff that has been said, MOST women and girls do complain and r a pain to take out hunting. But, then so r some guys. Some girls do however prefer to hunt by themselves 2.

I personally would rather hunt by myself any day over hunting with a partner. It is more relaxing and more of a genuine hunting experience when it is just you and the outdoors
Old 05-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hardcorehuntress
You guys need to stop putting women into groups; either tomboy or high maintenance. LOL. Some girls are both; I look extremely high maintenance; but, I am just as comfortable out in the woods in an elkcamp. So I guess it just depends on the girl.
C'mon, now, Hardcorehuntress... just how many "groups" do thegals out there putthe guys in?
Incidentally... looking "extremely high maintenenance" is a good thing. Actually being "extremely high maintenance".... now that's something entirely different. I know. Just trust me... I know. I don't wanna talk about it.[:@]
Old 05-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, for the most part I agree with some of the stuff that has been said, MOST women and girls do complain and r a pain to take out hunting. But, then so r some guys. Some girls do however prefer to hunt by themselves 2.

I personally would rather hunt by myself any day over hunting with a partner. It is more relaxing and more of a genuine hunting experience when it is just you and the outdoors
And yes you are I know! But wernt you the one that was cold and wanted to go home 1/2 hr before you got that buck 2 years ago?
Old 05-03-2008, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: valor10

Isn't it a man law violation to hunt with your wife? Just kidding. It's nice some of you hunt with your woman. Really. Unfortunetly, I know some fellas that their wives have taken up hunting and golf, because without the wife involved, they couldn't do it without them, or would be seriously limited in how much time they could spend doing it. She might be their best friend, but she ain't mine. Know what I mean?
very well said-My g/f has no interst in any of it whice is fine with me,
this means time with the boys, But my one buddy cant leave his house to do anything without his wife, she never hunted or golfed and took it all up after they started to date.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

My girlfriend an I have an agreement. I don't try to get her to hunt and she lets me hunt. She plans her vacation to coincide with my hunting. She goes to visit friends while I hunt. Sometimes she comes to where I'm hunting and goes shopping during the day then we meet up after dark. It works for us.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

And yes you are I know! But wernt you the one that was cold and wanted to go home 1/2 hr before you got that buck 2 years ago?
yes, I was, but, if you will also remember, I had just had major surgery a couple of weeks before that hunt and did not even really want to be out. I am of course glad I stuck it out :'0
Old 05-04-2008, 08:18 AM

You are not the NORM Sarah, but I get what your saying. As you get what we are saying. I had no trouble getting my girlfriend into shooting and archery. I got my ex wife into handgun shooting as well because it was something we could enjoy together. But I don't know that I want her to hunt with me. You have to have some things for your own. I'm sure there are things women want to on their own as well. I am pretty sure my girlfriend or my EX would not want me tagging along when her and her friends go shoe shopping. Nor would I want to go. Has to be some give and take, you can't spend every waking minute with each other, at least I can't.

Paul
Old 05-04-2008, 10:31 AM

Everytime I bring my girlfriend,my wife gets mad...Bob
Old 05-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

Hahahahaha
Old 05-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: remington_girl
I think its strange that you would want to get away from your girlfriend when hunting can bring people closer together, its great for bonding with someone you love.
I agree!! I Love it when Kat gets to go hunting with me. Her schedule does not allow us to hunt together all the time, but I look forward to when we get to shoot and hunt together.

Dan

Quick Reply: Wife/Girlfriend hunting partners?? Why? Who?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.