Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what colour of fletching? >

what colour of fletching?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what colour of fletching?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:58 PM

Default RE: what colour of fletching?

i use all white

this is the only pic i have of them at this time.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stormtrooper arrows
Old 05-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I like to use 3 black 4" feathers. Guess it's just a hanger-on from my old field and target days---30+ years ago. I was coached by a pro and he always drummed into my head that all I should be doing is aiming till my arrow hit it's intended target. The mind should be doing nothing else. Therefore I never found a need to see my arrow going, and still don't. I know where it is going by just knowing where my pin was when the bow went off.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like White & Yellow.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dogue has a Gaelic name,Brayden(the ex said so...so I wonder)...he's French with Gaelic name living in west Texas...thats cultural diversity.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:22 PM
c j
Typical Buck

I was told once that pink was a good choice for fletchings since it's the only color that doesn't naturally appear in the woods. True or not, I'm not sure, but I never had any reason to disbelieve it. I generally use two yellow blazers and one orange, though. Pink never seems to be available when I go to purchase fletchings and I just want the brightest possible. I guess I'm a little hesitant to use white since I hunt with snow on the ground quite a bit.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the 3 x barred feathers look , With wraps off Mindy . Also liking the Blazers a lot .

Old 05-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use all white fletching with a white nock and white wrap or cap dip.Snow has never been a problem--there's usually blood on it
Old 05-06-2008, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: c j

I was told once that pink was a good choice for fletchings since it's the only color that doesn't naturally appear in the woods.
ya stole my thunder (or answer)

Pink may not be the most macho color but with the property getting logged a few years back, there is an abundance of pink logging tape all around and it is very easy to see, even little scraps and pieces, now you would think a arrow with orange and white vanes would be easy to find? Looked for one of those for a couple hours this spring, never found it, even have it on tape falling out of the deer, but found 4-5 chunks of that logging tape, makes me think that might be what the hunting arrows will be fletched with this year, with maybe a nice white wrap also........
Old 05-06-2008, 11:43 AM

I use all white. (Blazers)

One time i used all black...bad idea[&:]

Quick Reply: what colour of fletching?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.