Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 An ending to my Shed Hunting Season... >

An ending to my Shed Hunting Season...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

An ending to my Shed Hunting Season...

Old 04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: An ending to my Shed Hunting Season...

Mike what do you usually do with most of these sheds?
Put them in bins.. and into storage they mostly go. A few of the lucky ones are in my "trophy room" ..

I mostly collect just with the purpose of gaining knowledge. I've really learned a great deal while shedding.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks great!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet pics mike, hope you can put one of them down next year!!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job on the shedding Mike. This year was a bust for me. I might be able to make it up this weekend it still shouldn't be green.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:46 PM

Sweet stuff Mike. Its always tough to see a shed hunting season come to an end.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:07 PM

good deal
Old 04-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good finds Duke. Do you keep any records or log the statistics of the sheds you find.. or just put them in storage?

I record some minor details to the sheds I find- Where I found, age of the deer, shed from what year ( 06' 07 hunting season) etc. While I have only found two sheds[:'(] (A spike and 1.5 old 6pt) Im hoping to learn a little bit about the genetics and what not of our bucks later on down the road. Granted I find some more sheds.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good finds Duke. Do you keep any records or log the statistics of the sheds you find.. or just put them in storage?
I do keep a record.. I'm a nerd like that. Each bin has the record written on its cap. It's the best system I could come up with without actually writing on the sheds... as I hope to train a shed dog within the next year or so.. and want the sheds clean of any outside smells.

And Dan.. yes it is always rough ending the shed season. You just want to walk a little more.. just a little more.[>:]
Old 04-28-2008, 07:26 PM

I took all the sheds we me and my father found this year and wrapped a piece of masking tape on them, then labeled them with who found them, the year, and a general location, if there were part of a set, I labeled them A & A, B & B, and etc...... would need to check but I think we ended up with 16 or 17 matched sets, so that means there are 28-30 other singles out there we haven't found yet (of course, I don't know what the neighbors have found.....)
Old 04-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I do keep a record.. I'm a nerd like that. Each bin has the record written on its cap. It's the best system I could come up with without actually writing on the sheds... as I hope to train a shed dog within the next year or so.. and want the sheds clean of any outside smells.

And Dan.. yes it is always rough ending the shed season. You just want to walk a little more.. just a little more.[>:]
You and me both brother.. I keep running records of all our harvests, my regular hunting journal, trail cam pics, still photos, and I just began keeping a log of the amount of rainfall we receive during the offseason. I'm hoping that will come in handy a few years down the road in regards to mast crops, food plots, etc.

Quick Reply: An ending to my Shed Hunting Season...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.