Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 04-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whos Military/Former Military ?

thank you to everyone
Old 04-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Not me. But my hat's off to all that are!
x2.

Thanks
x3 from me also!! Thanks you all!!
x 4 ...you guys that have served, are serving, and the ones who paid the ultimate price .... you are ALL my heros!!!!!! Thank you so much and may the good Lord bless you!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Those army guys got left out to dry, it makes me sick, you can thank bill Clinton for that
Abosolutely. I know the whole little story behind that conflict.

A friend of mine was with the 10th Mountain Division..He was part of the rescue operation to get teh rangers and delta out.

He said it was CRAZY...the movie(blackhawk down) didnt even come CLOSE to how f-d up that battle was.

He was telling me that it was his first time ever engaged/engaging live targets. He said their humvys started taking fire from top side of a few buildings, he was on foot with soem other soldiers..they took cover in some door ways, scared out of thier minds...this delta guy WALKS up to him and says youd better shoot something(like right out of a movie).

So he just blind fires at the buildings..

he said a few mins later something clicked in his head and he thought "these f-ers are trying to kill ME??"he and the soldiers with him justpopped out and started to engage anything they saw.and hes never been the same since then. He ended up becomming a ranger sniper then worked for a private military contractor for 8 years as a sniper after he got out.

Hes got better stories than I
I don t know about I like your stories. my little brotherbrother just came back for the second time he s a marine they wouldnt let him have any booze over there so I said oh ya took 6 pk of coke drilled a 3/8 hole in the bottom poured the coke out filled them full of rum took the little in dents out of some other cans you know the hole bottom sanded and epoxied in the false bottoms you couldent tell then i put a bottle in the box for them to find sent the box they took the cheap rum out of the box he got the 151 I DID IT 6 TIMES
Old 04-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Shimmeringleaves

I do know and probably speak for many active duty and retired military members....kiss the ground you walk on here in the United States. There are many other places in the world which are nice to visit, great dining and shopping, breathtaking sights, and etc., but there is no placelikehome--United States of America.

We aren't perfect over here by any means, but not toobad either. I have been to places during my military time (and I'm sure other military members have too) which have definately opened my eyes up about how thankful one should be living in the USA. Our country is one huge melting potwith many people anddifferent origins....makes you wonder whypeoplecomehere to live.
I got back to the United States of America in 81' after being away for 3 1/2 years. I haven't left it since and do not plan on leaving it again .
Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 PM

USAF Ret
1980 - 2004
First 19 years Metals Tech (Machinist /Welder)
80-82 Torrejon AB Spain F-4D
82-83 Mt Home AFB Id F-111, EF-111, UH1
83-87 Nellis AFB Nv F-16
87-92 Spangdahlem AB Germany F4E, F4G
92-95 Ellsworth AFB So Dakota B1, KC135, UH1, F5
95-99 Spangdahlem AB Germany F4G, F16, F15, A10

99-2004 NCOIC of USAF Academy Wings of Blue Parachute Team
2600+ jumps
36+ hours of Free Fall time
70+ wind tunnel time

Miss it everyday

Thanks to everyone else

Paul,
the weasal platform was pretty badass. What a job to get painted with enemy radar. They were definitely feared.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Been there... done that. Two years in Vietnam and almost 8 total. Took my leave when I got married and had a kid. I'd had enough and wanted to watch my kid grow old. I remember it every day and will for the rest of my life.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

I have been in for almost 5 years now, been at Ft Sill C battery 1st battalion 14th field artillery. I am PCSing to Ft Hood where I will be apart of 3rd BDE 1st Cav Div. Spent06-07 in Iraq. I am a Fister(13F) and I love my job.Hooah!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:04 PM

I want to say I thank all of you that have served this country and protected all of us only two people have offerd to dye for us Jesus and the men and woman who serve in the military so I say thanks and God bless
Old 04-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: spider7431

I want to say I thank all of you that have served this country and protected all of us only two people have offerd to dye for us Jesus and the men and woman who serve in the military so I say thanks and God bless

See, I have a hard time with that. When I came home I was ask to get into civilian clothing to avoid confrontations with protesters. My boys were labeled baby killers and war mongers. Now everyone is a hero, fireman, mailmen.... whatever. America is growing weak and has lost focus. And as far as women in the military... Please... give me a break, it's a PC thing. They can't pick up a wounded buddy on the front line and drag him to safety. They don't have the body structure to do what needs to be done in the heat of battle. Yes there are jobs they can do... let them do it. But don't try to suggest it should be equal footing.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

USAF 8 years
Malmstrom AFB, Mt
Great Falls, Mt

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.