Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is anyone else as insane as me?! >

Is anyone else as insane as me?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is anyone else as insane as me?!

Old 04-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is anyone else as insane as me?!

Went out tonight just getting over a cold. I sat in a torrential downpour, although it was in a blind. There was litterally an inch of water run through my blind on the ground. I just left everything except my bow and calls there. It has rained the past three weekends and I have gone out every time... Im seriously considering NOT going out in the morning mainly because of my cold. Does anyone else hunt when it is consistently crappy weather? (oh and Im in college, so thats why I only hunt weekends[:@])
Old 04-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is anyone else as insane as me?!

You don't have a cold. You have turkey fever.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

ohhh yeah bud! i remember a specific time last fall when i was up in an old oak that was about to topple over because of the 40 mph wind. didnt help that it was -20 deg wind chill. i couldnt feel my body after the first 10 minutes and i still had an hour before day break. i think we all have a problem! hahaha
Old 04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beforei went on my very first turkey hunt with my woman's dad he said "are you sure you want to do this? Im warning you right now this turkey hunting is a disease, and ive lost a lot of jobs due to this disease!" Four years later im finally realizing what he ment...

My name is Al, and i have a problem.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its like my signature at the end of my replys...

When I'm in the outdoors all the craziness in life is out of sight...out of mind...

I know your pain...I spent 6 years getting my Mechanical Engineering Degree...drink coffee....stay up late....study....and always...always....embrace the outdoors...rain our shine....be there....in the woods..with mother nature...remember...its your escape....you need the woods....its in you.....
Old 04-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've hunted in a Treestand when it was pouring down rain and wind blowing so hard I literally had to hang on.

You never know when it might quit.[8D]

I couldn't kill one if I stayed at Home!

Dan
Old 04-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

You don't have a cold. You have turkey fever.
A 102 degree turkey fever yesterday. I've been hunting for 13 years now and I think I'm getting worse and worse luck with the weather. Its always either too hot or too cold or too wet and I am ALWAYS out in it.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about this.... I'm in college too. In the fall its get home friday at noon, set traps, bow hunt that evening, run coon hounds till 2 in the morning get up at 4 to go duck hunting, check traps at noon, bow hunt the evening, coon hunt till 2, get up and duck hunt at 4, check and pull traps, andbow hunt that evening and drive back to school sunday night or early mon morning..... Spring time consists of shooting fish till 2 in the morning getting up for turkey huntin or a a day time bowfishin tourny and do it again on sat night and sunday........Those get to be some brutal weekends. Call us crazy but we have a blast. Can't to it our whole lives but gotta do it while we are young right. WCL
Old 04-25-2008, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Insane in the membrane here, nothing keeps me out of the turkey woods...
Old 04-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Dominant Buck

My Mother in law got into town, last night.

We're supposed to get rain, tomorrow.....and you can bet your ASS I'll be sitting out there most of the day.

Not much of a decision, for me.....lol

Quick Reply: Is anyone else as insane as me?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.