Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyoen hanging stands yet ???? Going crazy ????

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Germ, are those stands always up ? Or did you jsut recently put them out ?
I rotate stands, I put them up end of March. Meaning I took down the one's there and switch them. I tend to move a bit also. Maybee a tree or two. I never like to be in the same tree year to year.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya, i can't wait... this weekend i am planting my first food plot, hanging 5 or 6 new stands, hanging 1 feeder and moving another feeder.the only way to getto this locationis by a boat and when we are done we are going to drift back down stream to catch channel cats. its like new years eve as a kid all over again!

Sounds like a really good plan. What are you planting in your plot ?

I did Chickory/Clover this year...Might actually plant some brasicas in a small 2 acre area just off of a clean pond, too.
They love brassicas/turnips. The only reason we aren't planting them again is it seemed to be more of a mid-late winter food hit with the deer, yet remained untouched in the fall.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

seemed to be more of a mid-late winter food hit with the deer, yet remained untouched in the fall.
Really ? I knew that it was a good source of food during the winter months, but I was un-educated in regards to the time of year the deer will hit it.

Clover and Chickory are a hands down winner for fall, thats why I planted it.
Yeah, I attribute some of the low activity to the bumper crop of acorns we had this past fall, but still. I'm going with clover/rye as well as either buckwheat or peas.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

d.i.c.k.s. in kansas city had a 1/2 off sale on their food plots, aparently there is an experation date on them. as a result i will be planting whitetail institute clover, no-plow, secrete plot, brasillas, and a couple others. i have a huge diffel bag full of random food plots, it is so heavy it almost takes two guys to pick it up. the awesome thing is the soil tests came back and the ground is perfect for clover, they said i can't add any lime or fertilizer to make it better. i got a pretty cheap first year for food plots.