Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Headed to the heartland in the morning..HB >

Headed to the heartland in the morning..HB

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Headed to the heartland in the morning..HB

Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 AM

Default RE: Headed to the heartland in the morning..HB

You are going to have a blast. If it is anything like down here in Southwestern MO right now, you are going to hear some gobbling. Yesterday I got my buddy his first bird. We had 3 come in but I wasnt positioned right to get the double. Today we heard well over 100 gobbles from about 7 different birds, and that's on public land! Have fun, and make sure you post pics!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck Blood
Old 04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

GOOD LUCK BROTHER!! I'm thinking your going to have a great time, either way! Maybe talk them boys into some crappie fishing while you're here. You can only hunt till 1 in MO anyway. And, you're going to have some good weather.

heck with crappie, go bass fishin!!![8D]
Old 04-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont kill all of the longbeards here...i still need to go out lol j/k good luck
Old 04-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haha, looking forward to finally meeting you Dan.

Today was another awesome day. Unfortunately i choked and missed a 30 yards. Im going to make a post about it now. It was an awesome hunt.

http://www.hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx?m=2778906&mpage=1&key=&#277890 6

The birds are definately going crazy right now in MO so i dont think we will have a problem getting them in front of us!

I have a test tomorrow, but should be out of class by about 4:30 so i imagine i will meet up with you all out at Jeff's and we will go roost some birds. I think im running the camera for Jeff in the morning asuming he gets back from KS tonight.

See ya soon!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck and be safe!
Old 04-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck to ya Blood....................have a good time and be safe!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

GOOD LUCK BROTHER!! I'm thinking your going to have a great time, either way! Maybe talk them boys into some crappie fishing while you're here. You can only hunt till 1 in MO anyway. And, you're going to have some good weather.

We caught 15 on Sunday. We will get into them in the afternoon!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Well its finally here I will be headed over to Mo. in the morning to meet up with the boys at Heartland bowhunters for the field staff turkey hunt. its gonna be about a 7 hour drive, so im off around 8:00 am and will arrive around 3:00 Mo. time at Jeff Simpson'shouse owner of HB. Im pumped about the trip, it has seemed like an eternaty for it to get here I have shot the new bowtec about a 1000 times already getting ready,so now if i dont chock given a shot, Ill be OK I still cant believe this is happening to me. Would you believe i have hunted for nearly 30 years and have always stayed within two local countys [&:]so this is BIG to me,to go out of state, hunt, and make some new friends and if it goes on film, you guys will finally see that I DONT HAVE FAT FINGERS [:@][8D]I have my son set, hes 16, killed 5 birds,but this will be his first solo hunt without Dad
We will be placing a pop up out tonight after roost. I have pegged the birds for him. they show up EVERY morning in a corner green field behind the house. He is going in with his bow for the first time on the birds, i will be watching from a spotting scope in the morning from the house,at about a 1000 yards. same place that i arrowed my bird last year I cant go with him because if a bird hangs up i wont be able to leave for the trip. wish me luck guys, now i gotta get packin and some more shooting See you guys in a few days. and no fighting on the forums, at least till i get back [8D]peace out (bood,Dan,Dink)
Its going to be a blast Dan. I'm pretty positive we will get you a few opportunities. I'm really looking forward to meeting you tomorrow. See ya soon!

Quick Reply: Headed to the heartland in the morning..HB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.