Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone ever caught a fawn? >

Anyone ever caught a fawn?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone ever caught a fawn?

Old 04-22-2008, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone ever caught a fawn?

My cousin caught a baby deer last year and took a picture with it. then let it go,but I have heard the
mother doe will not take it back if it has human scent on it. Does anybody know if this is true. I do know that a deer is very easy to tame,if it is young.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone ever caught a fawn?

Growing up We had two fawns that we raised, the first one was amazing, he thaught that he was a dog, it would sleep in my bed with the dog, it was potty trainned by going to the door and knocking it with its hoof to go out and back in. it would fallow me to the school bus, and come running down the driveway when I would get home. My parents had a calender of the lunar feeding chart and proved it worked. some one ended up stealling him from us. My mom had a apple selling business and the deer would always end up in the back seat of someone's car while we were putting apples in the car. I had that Buck for a little over a year, he was in velvet as a 6 point when he disapeared. The other fawn was not right in the head and we shot it after a couple of weeks, it was really not right and sick too.

As for the mom not taking it back,,I have heard both, I don't ever touch them when I find them just to be on the safe side. Both the fawns I had as a kid where standing by their dead mom next to the road.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I cut one loose once that was hung in a web wire fence.

Dan
Old 04-22-2008, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never caught one almost stepped on one last year putting cameras out. It scared the chit out of me!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

One guy in town found a doe dead on the road and when he went to look at her there were two fawns inside her still he took them out and one was dead but the other one was ok took her home and now that deer runs around the yard and like previously stated is like a dog. lol Apparently she like to have her chocolate bar everyday.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

HAHA And this one guy touched this deer and though it was a wild deer and he was all proud of himself until i told him it wasn't wild. lol
Old 04-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-22-2008, 08:56 AM

i want to get one it would be a fun pet lol
Old 04-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is like Elie May Clampet, raised about ever little critter there is. The Game Warden when we lived in Kentucky would bring them to her, even had a Barred Owl that did not want to leave when it was time, She would pitch him up in the air and he would fly around in a circle, land in front of her, hop over stand on her feet, andlook up at her like, wheres my chicken?
Had a fawn for about 3 weeks till another lady that took in abandon or orphaned fawns took her off our hands. That little deer would not let my wife out of her sight, and loved playing with the kids. You should have seen every ones face when she left, even the fawns!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I was a kid my mother was out walking on the hard surface road one day and found a doe that had been hit the night before laying in the ditch. It was early May, and true to form, a single fawn was there lying next to momma. Broke my poor mothers heart..... and heck even if you are a hunter that kinda thing is sad to see. Being that my Dad is a state fisheries biologist and we were pretty much the only game authority in the area, we took the fawn in and kept it for a few weeks and then gave it to a nature/petting zoo in the nearest "city", which wasn't much bigger than your average mountain VA city. Never saw the deer again, but dad said that it lived to be ten and grew a right impressive set of antlers. Kind of a neat thing to experience when you're a kid.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever caught a fawn?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.