Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is your pet peeve? >

What is your pet peeve?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your pet peeve?

Old 04-22-2008, 02:45 PM

Default RE: What is your pet peeve?

My first one is littering, drives me crazy. Not just with hunters though anyone that does it. One of my biggest pet peeves is people that throw butts out the car window[:@]. Most of the smokers I know think the world is their ashtray, pisses me off to no end.

My second would be people that empty a magazine at game, especially deer and squirrels. If you couldn't hit it the first time when you took your time and aimed what makes you think you will with the next five when its at a dead run? Simply retarded to me.

I don't really get too upset about what others think of what I do, every now and then I will get bent out of shape about it, but usually I feel that they can do what they want and I'll do what I want.

As far as someone hanging hats on a rack, who really cares? It's their property let them do what they want with it. I don't see it being any more disrespectful than hanging it's head on the wall in the first place. If that sort of stuff bothers you don't go varmint hunting, I leave woodchucks lay where I hit them.

Paul
Old 04-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

ORIGINAL: MarquetteMagnum

I would say rifle hunters in general. I do rifle hunt, but mostly because I feel obligated too. I hate seen all the deer I let go all bowseason long get pushed out and slaughtered by some jerk in a prisoner suit. I am a little selfish this way and I cannot help it. I have land I hunt on and live on but it is family property. I am the only person in the woods except gun season. then there is nine people in there and it is spoiled until next fall.
ORIGINAL: fletch920

Elitists that think bowhunting is the only way to hunt and speak poorly of hunters that enjoy other types of hunting.
I'll second you fletch! One of the greatest things my 11th grade World Cultures teacher ever said was, "Just because someone's culture is different than yours doesn't make them any more or less right." Huntersof any kind at the root of it all arethe same...hunters. Some choose different ways to hunt, but it doesn't make them any more right or wrong.
Third........

Fourth.........then claim if I would of had a gun in my hands I would of killed it for sure!!!!!!
Fifth...and Ill raise. When someone comes on here, jumps on the bowhunting is the only hunting bandwagon, then goes hunting with a gun and then proceeds to post in this very thread that gun hunters are his pet peeve.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:24 PM

^ people like MarquetteMagnum is my pet peeve who put gun hunters down. who cares if they shoot smaller bucks or young deer that is how they want to hunt. if you want to hunt big monster bucks hunt monster bucks. i have a bow, shotguns and a ML so because i hunt with a shotgun i am a jerk, and a "prison suit" well if you want to hunt at all it would be smart that they weart there "prison suit" other wise alot of people would be shot, then there wouldnt be any legal hunting of any kind. some people cant hunt that time of year or they only go hunting with thier uncles or other family member once or twice a year, and maybe its gun season, so when a first time hunter shoots their first deer and its a spike that makes them a jerk????? get ur act together dude[:@]
Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 PM

I forgot one more Peeve, [:@]P.E.T.A![:@]
Old 04-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uhhh... I gots lots.

1.) Rhetorical Q's... if you know the answer people please don't ask the Q and then be so bold as to actually write the answer of the Q in the same post. We know your a smart guy already.. no need to prove it. Honestly.... honestly....

2.) Anything about New Mexico... because... frankly.. it's New Mexico.. and while still cleaner than regular Mexico... it's still freakin' New Mexico.

3.) Gay people. You know who you are.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

People who take poor low % shots because its the only one they had[&:][:@]
Man I hate that. I've gotten to the point where, no matter who (old friend, person I just met, anyone) says "it was the only shot I had," I respond, "No, actually it wasn't, you didn't have any shot at all."
Old 04-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

People who tromp around in the woods 30 minutes after sun-up or 30 minutes prior to sundown for whatever reason...they always seem to screw up the hunt for me......and mostly people who litter or other hunters who are rude and disrespectful toward others......also, elitist hunters who think they are better than others.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too many to list here...Im a perfectionist when it comes to my bowhunting, including the preparation involved. When i see people generally being slobs it tells me that they have no respect for the outdoors or the game that they are "hunting." I could go on all night but the biggest thing is the lack of respect for all things, hunting, the outdoors, andalsothe law.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

People that shot more deer than is necessary, and say they are doing it because they have nothing else to do[:@]and trust me this has happenedthe guy even told me that thats why he shot 10 deer[:@]
Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine is people who litter, and people who end sentences with a preposition. Like where's he "at"? That really jars my preserves![:'(] You even hear professional news people, who should know better,say it on TV.

Quick Reply: What is your pet peeve?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.