Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Turkeys or deer?? >

Turkeys or deer??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Turkeys or deer??

Old 04-21-2008, 08:42 AM

Default Turkeys or deer??

Which one do you prefer to hunt, if you had to choose? Im going with deer by far, I like turkeys, but deer are just amazing to me. What about you?
Old 04-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Turkeys or deer??

If you would get your arse up here one morning before sunrise I could change your mind! This last week has been awesome...to say the least. Every morning I have had the pleasure of being in the company of dozens of Toms gobbling. I missed a huge tom because I pushed it and took a longer than normal shot...and missed.

I have been moving my set-ups around every morning finding where they are roosting, etc. If it wasnt raining this morning so hard I would have been dragging one out of there! I pretty much have an idea of where they are roosting, but getting them before they get henned up is the trick.

This week I am setting up shop on a great spot and sticking to it until I take one of my tags out my wallet. Why dont you put up your dang fishing pole on Saturday and get up here and shoot a bird!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

DEER!![8D]
Old 04-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer.. no question!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 AM

I hear ya Jeff, but Im fishing for 2,000$ on sat!! It's spring and it's always been a delima for me!! But, for only an 80$ entry and a turnaround of 2 g's I gotta do it!!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer by far for me! I do enjoy listening to them gobblers in the wee morning hours. I would go just to listen to them.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

Saturday morning I was trying to get in to my blind extra early (5 am). Its about a 1/2 mile walk from where I park the truck. As I was about 20 yrds from the treeline I heard an elephant running through the woods. I froze, but it was so dark I couldnt see what it was. I stood still for about 10 minutes and then heard the infamous snort and he took off like a bull in a china shop. Im sure he was coming in for some of the clover/chickory/alfalfa I planted earlier this year!

My cameras are out, so I will be watching for him! If it was a doe she was 200 lbs from the noise I heard!

Good luck on Saturday! I know teaching doesnt give you any weekday opportunities so try and schedule a saturday morning to come up. I will put you on a gobbler for sure!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Like? Deer!

Challenge? Turkeys!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live to turkey hunt. It is my top priority. I love to deer hunt, but it's just something about turkeys that gets me going. Heck deer are my third choice. 1. Turkeys 2. Bear3. Deer.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to say deer, but that is partly because I love to EAT deer so much!! Lots more meat on those four-legged critters.

Quick Reply: Turkeys or deer??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.