Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Please be careful >

Please be careful

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Please be careful

Old 04-21-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please becarful

Such a shame here in Wv spring turkey season you must be out of the woods around noon plus who would let a child that young be far enough away from them to mistake them for a bird. Just plain stupid.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I'm gonna ask the very obvious question.........

Why in the hell is a 9yr old boy even far enough away from his fathers direct supervision to be "accidentally" shot?[:@]

I could not agree more. To think that this happened over the idea of killing a turkey, what a shame. I am sure this mistake will haunt this father for the rest of his life.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I'm gonna ask the very obvious question.........

Why in the hell is a 9yr old boy even far enough away from his fathers direct supervision to be "accidentally" shot?[:@]

Bingo! Should of been right beside him...sounds a little funny to me![:@]
Old 04-21-2008, 07:58 AM

I would about bet the father was either drunk or something else is off. I know there is no way I could ever mistake a person for a turkey especially not in shotgun range.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA is like NY regarding spring turkey. Only until noon and bearded birds only. I hate to kick a man when he is down, but there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for this "accident".
Old 04-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

It would make no difference in this case ,but if you pull into a place to hunt and there is already a truck there,go else where ,or at least leave a note to what side of the road your hunting. the popularity of turkey hunting is making it more dangerous every year.

I posted this so maybe just maybe every one takes that little extra time to be safe.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about we just don't shoot any 100+ pound turkeys we see walking around out there? It just doesn't make sense.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

What a crying shame. I have no idea how this could happen, but it is an absolute tragedy.There is no use in pointing fingers because the deed is doneand many lives areruined in this case. We have to learn what we can from this poor man's errors.

There is no limit to how safe you should be in the woods, so everyone PLEASE BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:56 AM

I live about a half hour from where this happened. Very sad indeed. The thing that i don't understand is, in the MN spring turkey hunt you can only shoot toms or jakes. How can this guy be that stupid to shoot something he can't identify. Sounds like he didn't care what the rules were he was just going to shoot whatever moves. Makes me sick!!
Old 04-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

RIP - Young man

Quick Reply: Please be careful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.