Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are you happy with your style............. >

Are you happy with your style.............

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are you happy with your style.............

Old 04-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Default Are you happy with your style.............

of hunting? What I mean is are you satisfied with how you hunt? I figure I am very lucky and very satisfied with how I hunt. Just watching parts of a couple shows on the Outdoor Channel reinforced it for me. Just watched a guy shoot a buffalo. Short time later he and his guide get into his blind and spot a trophy size bull elk but the elk doesn't come into bow range. Soonafter they "spot and stalk" and after deciding which individual bull they want, they soon walk upon the bull after quite a bit of walking and the hunter nails him with a 25 yard shot with his bow...........no calling, no crawling, no slithering needed. Just three guys(including cameraman) walking upright on relatively level ground, spot the standing bull behind a little brush, sees a small opening and takes his elk. Of course this could be possible, but very very improbable. Didn't show the shot, just saw the guy draw and release, elk bolting, and them finding it in short order. What made it so improbable was this show and another before it was nothing more than an informercial for the outfitters involved. Not sure if it was high fenced or just tamer animals. Wonder how much the guy paid?

I like my style better, whether I succeed or not.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are you happy with your style.............

I'm happy with my style of hunting. Its up and close hunting, its 20 yards and under and not a shooting sport.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

I'm happy with my style of hunting. Its up and close hunting, its 20 yards and under and not a shooting sport.
Ahh, not a shooting sport......I like that. Sounds like actual hunting with hunting skills involved.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im happy with how I hunt, Just not where I have to hunt. But that will change!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

I'm happy with how I hunt, but unhappy with how others around me hunt. It forces me to change my hunting tactics. In PA where I'm from, people are always driving and pushing deer....Even during archery season. I hate hunting that way. The deer are pressured from day 1 of archery season in October through the end of muzzleloader in January. For 4 months deer are pushed and pushed and in my opinion its bad for hunting.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:36 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jbowersox

I'm happy with how I hunt, but unhappy with how others around me hunt. It forces me to change my hunting tactics. In PA where I'm from, people are always driving and pushing deer....Even during archery season. I hate hunting that way. The deer are pressured from day 1 of archery season in October through the end of muzzleloader in January. For 4 months deer are pushed and pushed and in my opinion its bad for hunting.
Pretty much the same here with pressurebut I would still take that over whatCougar Mag describes. I love the hunting part.It needs tohave some challenges in it for me. Each their own.

Tim
Old 04-20-2008, 07:22 PM

Got a friend that worked on a high fence game ranch. Most of the animals could be hand fed. Not much of an effort to bag one when they think you are coming to feed them.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:38 PM

Yes I am satisified by the way I hunt. I dont think I would hunt any other way.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Bartender

No it changes so much from season to season on me. This year will bring a whole new set of challanges and the way I will be hunting. (T.Y. duke )
Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow, I have to say it's been the same year end year out with me. I know I will have a chance at a mature buck just about evey year. It only comes down to wheather or not i am ready for that moment. I have been successfull and then I have been unready. And that there is the reason I go when everI CAN. I accually just came inside from shooting my bow.

Quick Reply: Are you happy with your style.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.