Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Robin Hoods!

Old 04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Robin Hoods!

With all the Robin hoods that have been posted recently, I thought I'd see when you guys had your first?

I'm a first year bow hunter and the day I shot after I bought my bow i somehow managed to pull one off, more than likely, it will probably be my first and last
Old 04-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Robin Hoods!

I have been shooting for 4 years now and i haven't gotten one yet. Busted so many arrows because of them rubbing to close together but no robin hoods yet.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

I have been shooting bows for over 20 years and shoot pretty tight groups to but have never got one .
Old 04-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now don't get me wrong .... I'm not braging more like complaning , I've been shooting for over 15 years and my firsttworobin hoods was in my first year.
Yes they were luckly shots , all robin hoods are luckly shots I have never seen anyone intentionly try to make robin hoods on purpose.
Though out my 15 years shooting on leauges , 3D shoots and practicing I have had many of these robin hoods.
Like I said in my post earlyer ( gotta hate it when it happens ) but on a good point a robin hood is a good sign that your bow and your sights are well tuned.
Credit shoud go to the shooter as well , with alot of practice and good shooting form ... anyone can and will shoot a robin hood.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

My first was over 25 years ago. I say this if you are in the 11 ring, look out that's where I am going. My instructor, I still get lessons after all these years, is my favorite guy to robin hood his arrows LOL. At $150/dz I'll bust his up anytime!!! LOL
Old 04-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got my first in 1988. I'd been shooting bows for 33 years at that point. Once I got that first one though, they started coming way too often. I'vehad about 20 now, split about even between compounds and recurves/longbows.

My favoriteis one I did with a longbow at 45 yards. I wanted to see if a cedar arrow shot close to the same as an aluminum. Apparently so, because I stuffed that cedar in the back end of a 2216.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Split my first wood in the late 60s with a recurve and my first actual Robin Hood (where one actually stuck inside the other) in 1970 with a Golden Eagle recurve target bow. There is a picture of Iron Eyes Cody with Sugar Ray Robinson holding one of these bows on the cover of Archery magazine May 1973 issue if anyone happens to have one laying around . I still have that bow.
My best Robin Hood was sighting in broadheads at 60 yards when RazorBacks first came out, second shot in the bulls eye, I called it a day!

Multiple dot targets, Best thing that has ever happened in Archery for us poor boys.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Typical Buck

Multiple dot targets, Best thing that has ever happened in Archery for us poor boys.
Yup, that's for sure.

I've had 4, all in a span of about 2 years. At that point, I basically quit shooting at single spot targets; when I'm feeling stupid, I still use a single dot occasionally. One of the 4 was into another archer's arrow at a 3D shoot. Everybody in the group except him got a charge out of that one.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Never had that problem, I've always shot 5 spot targets with 5 arrows at a time.I have arrows that are over 10 years old and still going strong!

Quick Reply: Robin Hoods!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.