Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech DL mods?? (gripes-complaints) >

Bowtech DL mods?? (gripes-complaints)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech DL mods?? (gripes-complaints)

Old 04-17-2008, 11:24 AM

Default Bowtech DL mods?? (gripes-complaints)

Quick question for those of you in the know, My bow (08 Allegiance) 3 weeks ago came into the shop, went out, the initial DL that the guy had it set up for was 28.5" (what he guessed I would be at) so they shortened it up, to 26" (finger to finger I am 70" fwiw) and had me mess around with my anchor point. Told me to take the bow home and shoot it for awhile, cause they didn't have a 27" module in.

Well shot if for a week, well, actually 3 days, till my arm that I hold the bow with started to hurt (probably due to the massive bend in my arm to hit the new anchor points, using new muscles and all), then called the shop and told them to get a 27" mod in. Been 2 weeks now, should it take that long for that thing to come in?

And according to some of the guys here at work, I should be jumping down this guys throat to get the bow set up asap.....

And finally, I also had a 1/2 doz arrows cut, the guy wanted to cut them at 26" and I had him cut them at 27" (just in case) but if my final DL ends up being longer than what the arrows were cut at.... well, do I eat the arrows or raise a stink on that also?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:29 AM

Default RE: Bowtech DL mods?? (gripes)

You shouldn't have walked out the door without the draw being set right and shouldn't have had arrows cut until it was. Sounds like you to find a new shop and Bowtech needs to pay better attention to who is selling/servicing their stuff.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

At 70 inches I beleive you want a 27.5" DL anyways. I would get on them hardcore or call bowtech and deal with them about your bad dealing shop. WCL
Old 04-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

That guy is an idiot for setting your bow with short DL when he knows your gonna have to change it and telling you to just go home and shoot it. WCL
Old 04-17-2008, 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

That guy is an idiot for setting your bow with short DL when he knows your gonna have to change it and telling you to just go home and shoot it. WCL
He's more of an idiot for wanting to cut the arrows too short, knowing that the DL is going to need to be longer.[&:]
Old 04-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

He's more of an idiot for wanting to cut the arrows too short, knowing that the DL is going to need to be longer.[&:]
lol yeah i forgot about that. WCL
Old 04-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

The arrows may still work though but yes he is an idiot for cuttin em early. My DL is 30" and my arrows are cut to 29" so they may still work. Good luck with the bow and everything. WCL