Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hey Rob/PA...... >

Hey Rob/PA......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey Rob/PA......

Old 04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Hey Rob/PA......

Just a reminder.....I forgot to tell you that this weekend's hunt was fully guided. No need to bring your calls.

(Ya'll ever seen a grown man cry?)
Old 04-16-2008, 02:01 PM

Default RE: Hey Rob/PA......

congrats man, you officially just lost a hunting partner for this weekend....because hes stayin home.

Today was the first hunt ive been on that I didnt call in probably 2 years. We had a gobbler killed out from under us on the way to us by a gun hunter, but did have two jakes storm into the dekes. Which i missed the far one, at a total 9 yards.[&o]LMAO! All on film to top it off, which may even air locally (I sure hope not). I rushed the shot because he got skittish as I pulled back, and well you know the story, right between his legs. Good news is, my bow was so quiet that the turkeys literally did not know what happened. He just stood there, looking around. He finally ran off as I was drawing a second arrow.

I cant believe I missed. I even quit mowing early yesterday and came home to practice from my blind. I was consistently hitting a 1.5" circle at 20 yards with my practice rage heads. May have been a blessing in disguise though, because who wants to fill their second tag on the 5th day of season with a jake. I still have 2.5 weeks to get er done, hopefully with a gobbler next time.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Dominant Buck

because who wants to fill their second tag on the 5th day of season with a jake.
Is this a trick question?[&:]

Seriously.....I'd agree to quit hunting tomorrow if you promised me a jake. If I get one down with the compound.....I'm going longbow.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Having someone else call islike being on the back on a 4 wheeler, you dont want to be on the back, you want to drive it yourself lol. Hope you guys have fun Jeff
Old 04-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

May have been a blessing in disguise though, because who wants to fill their second tag on the 5th day of season with a jake.
Sounds like the words/text of a brilliant, brilliant man
Old 04-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Honestly.......I'm not that good of a caller (I think). I'm welcoming the change-up.

I hope they hear Rob and say "COOL......NEW MEAT!"
Old 04-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Bartender

Andy now that was my situation last weekend.[:@]I am buying one this summer. Any thoughts?
Jeff and the team good luck this weekend.
ORIGINAL: Diesel77

Having someone else call islike being on the back on a 4 wheeler, you dont want to be on the back, you want to drive it yourself lol. Hope you guys have fun Jeff
Old 04-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Dominant Buck

T:

Unless you're planting plots with it (and even if you are, most times)....I don't know why any hunter would "need" more than 400cc's.

Mine is 2 years old and it's performed flawlessly. I bought a Suzuki Eiger (I think Rob has the same unit in camo).

Note the cat floss carrier on the side.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

heck, mine's a 250 and it does all I need!
Old 04-16-2008, 02:45 PM

I really need to get an ATV period. LOL These mountains will give dragging an all new meaning....Shot a doe opening day of bow season last year she decided to go straight up and over in 90" Sept heat. Would loved to have had one then regardlesss of the CC"S. As for the turkey calling I am probably worse than anyone and have still had some success.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.