Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ever been a witness? >

Ever been a witness?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever been a witness?

Old 04-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Ever been a witness?

I asked this a few months ago.....and I remember some really good stories coming from it.

Have you ever been with someone (and you NOT being the shooter) when they took a deer/turkey/other?

I had the PLEASURE of doing this last year with our very own Brknarrow (Frank), when he came to my woods for a late season (gun season was in) bowhunt.

It was one of my most memorable experiences in the deer woods.....witnessing those events. The successful ending to a really tricky blood trail capped off a GREAT hunt.

In many ways.....this was MORE enjoybale than the majority of my lone bowhunts. While I like to go it alone on most occasions.....I'm also certain I want to share similar experinces like this in the future.

If you've been there.....you know what I'm talking about. If not....I highly suggest it.

Your stories?????
Old 04-15-2008, 01:06 PM

Default RE: Ever been a witness?

I have hunted with MO Bowhnter several times together, but the only time I witnissed him kill something was on a Texas hog hunt. I was shaking so bad and I didnt even make the shot. I think I was more excited for him than anything. We have almost connected on a couple whitetails together, but it never worked out.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-15-2008, 01:21 PM

I've had the great pleasure to be with my wife when she killed her firstdeer and two different friends when they killed their first deer. My son with his first rabbit, squirrel, and hog. Also his first attempt/miss on a giant buck. I didn't sleep for 3nights after that one!

Great memories, all of them!
Old 04-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was with my dad when he shot a doe fawn when I was 3 years old. It was awesome from what I remember. I've been with allot of other people bear hunting and deer hunting but I must be bad luck, I've witnessed a few wounds and allot of misses.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I have been witness to others making shots on game. In fact, it happened again twice in the last 3 days. I filmed a young girl and her father on a NJ youth turkey hunt this past Saturday where she shot her first turkey, and filmed a buddy of mine taking a jake yesterday. It is great to get to share those moments, and for me what hunting is really about.

Here is a link to the youth turkey hunt thread:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2765441
Old 04-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't seen anyone take one with a bow. I was sitting with my younger cousin and watched him shoot a doe with a rifle.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was right over my buddy Frank's shoulder with him in the blind in Wy when he shot his pronghorn buck AND doein 06'
It was really cool to watch and I think I might have been MORE excited than Frank. I almost knocked him on the ground when teh arrow found it's mark.
Will have the video camera next time for sure.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yea 4 years ago I shot an 8 point that died in front of my nephew 2 years ago I shot a doe that he watched fall. And this year I watched a doe walk to him he made a great shot that I heard but did not see and wouldn't you know it it ran to me and piled up! He immediatly texted me on the phone and told me what happened and I chuckled and said I had this coming to me and he said what?? I said your deer is right in front of me dead. He was happy. No he is hooked on bowhunting!
Old 04-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, several times. Probably a dozen or more times with turkeys that I've called in for others. Jawshooter on here as well as my father just last season. My father watched me shoot that 22lb bird last season also, he was in the blind with me. I've also seen it with deer with Rob/Pa as well, almost got it on video but the camera shutoff just as he was getting ready to draw.

Quick Reply: Ever been a witness?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.