Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone in the slick trick circle?? >

anyone in the slick trick circle??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone in the slick trick circle??

Old 04-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default anyone in the slick trick circle??

i know some of you are somewhat associated with certain products and know theres alot of slick trick fans here...

anyone "IN" with slicktrick??

wondering if they will offer the grizztrick or razortrick in 125gr??

also...you slicktrick users might as well "sell" me on slicktricks period..stregnth? accuracy? holes? sharpness? show me some holes...the naked bear on the site gives me a warm tingly feeling

just want to try somethin new next year...the Muzzys performed great...but after seeing an alumanum ferrel hit something hard, and the thinner blades hit something hard the slick tricks catch my eye...(ok ok both were shot at steel...)

montecs, stingers, and snuffers are all possiblities as well...looking for bullet proof and holes...and dont say rage...lol...i got a mental blockage about using a mechanical head and cant fight it...i beat up some Snypers this year and blew holes in all kinda of things from fruit to targets...still couldnt hunt with them...just cant stand screws and loose blades and all that...and anything i can do to avoid ole Murphy and his laws the better...

i know reality of it is that im hunting deer and dont need a bulletproof broadhead...but im the kinda guy that rather have it and not need it than have some flimsy blades hit ribs at a weird angle snapping them off leaving my with fieldpoint holes....
Old 04-14-2008, 05:18 PM

Default RE: anyone in the slick trick circle??

I dont know about the Slicktricks , but the new G5 1.5 inch cut Striker Magnum is in stores.These cut some awesome holes.Havnt tried them yet so really cant comment more.May wanna look at those..
Old 04-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can attest to their accuracy and sharpness. I have shot the 125grain magnums and the 100grain standards and they are accurate, but then again so are the other broadheads I have used. They are definitely razor sharp out of the pack.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much everything you said is what made me switch from the muzzy's as well. The blades are flimsy at .020, the aluminum ferrule is imo junk, and arrow flight compared to the slick tricks is no comparison (on my bow). I have a whole sermon on muzzy's but I don't think you wanna hear it.

I thought about going mechanicals for a while but following some research on the slick tricks, I wassold. In fact, I'm already 2 packs and a set of refill blades sold. 4 blades even at just a 1" cutting diameter makes a biggerhole (I'm talking area of hole, not just diameter)than a 3 blade at 1.5". On top of that, I couldn't find any bad reviews on the slickies at all.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not "in with them" although I have emailed back and forth with Gary the owner over the years. Some not always pleasent, but honest and polite. I am sure if you drop him a line he will answer you questions directly. Slick trick heads have really come a long way from the first, not so great heads I tested 6 or 7 years ago to one the best on the market and they are the leader in the push for more accurate and durable heads. My own personal opinion is that if the 100 grn versions do well, you will see other weights as well.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been a dealer for several years now, and I have used them personally since 03. They are the best broadhead I have used in 40 years of Bowhunting and using dozens of various models of heads. I am in constant contact with Gary and the new heads are due to be out in late June.

Dan
Old 04-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

I used the Rage last season but wanted to try 125 grain heads so I purchased two packs of ST's to try out. I'm really interested in the new COC head they've got coming out in June, just wished it was available in 125 grain
Old 04-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys....think i'll be giving them a try....i could also goto a weighted insert and turn the grizztricks into 125gr heads that i need...heck, i could go a bit heavier and better my spine...the COC razortrick looks good as well, but i fear screws lol. i could JB Weld over top of them i think the grizztrick and weighted inserts could be what im shooting next year...if i can get them to match 125gr pefectly, i could keep my current 6 or 7 arrows for 125gr heads and shoot 100gr heads on the new arrows i want to stockpile(same arrows im shooting now..just running low)

im sure if i tried i could sharpen broadheads...but i like my muzzys cause i can shoot the same ferrule on the same arrow all year...just swap dull blades for new ones come hunt time..some odd reason ive had certain arrows only shoot certain muzzy ferrules where they should go...actually took me a little testing to get a batch of arrows to fly right last year...
Old 04-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love my slick tricks, yes to all
Old 04-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love mine too, extremely tough, accurate, and the new blades are scary sharp. Definitely worth a look.

Quick Reply: anyone in the slick trick circle??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.