Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Advice on Bowhunt for elk....... >

Advice on Bowhunt for elk.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Advice on Bowhunt for elk.......

Old 02-20-2003, 09:33 AM

Default Advice on Bowhunt for elk.......

Ok guys, I need some advice on an elk hunt. Here is what I know right now. I plan to use archery equipment. I want to go in early to mid September. I want to spend any where from 1000-2000 dollars (for everything). I know this won’t get much. I know an outfitter is probably out of the question. I would consider a drop camp from a reputable outfitter. Or would even rough it and pack in with a rented horse. Any help with reputable outfitter selection for a drop camp would be appreciated. Location is not set in stone either. Any help there would be appreciated.

I have been on one elk hunt in the past. I know how physically demanding it is. It was in Colorado and we rented horses and packed in ourselves. I know the work involved with that. It was a Muzzleloader hunt.

I live in Arkansas. Would any of you be interested in swapping an elk hunt for an Ozark Mountain turkey hunt, Arkansas Delta Waterfowl hunt, whitetail deer bowhunt, or even an Ozark Mountain Lake/River Striper/bass/trout fishing trip. All completely guided in excellent locations. If so let’s talk. I am an avid bowhunter at heart and would love any opportunity
Old 02-20-2003, 10:04 AM

Default RE: Advice on Bowhunt for elk.......

brbowhunter, you might want to return to CO. where you have already hunted if you already know the territory your' e one step ahead. I have done three do it yourself hunts that worked out well. 2 elk hunts and 1 moose hunt. Save your money for gas and drive to CO. pitch a tent and start hunting. Research research research!!!!
Old 02-20-2003, 10:09 AM
CG

Default RE: Advice on Bowhunt for elk.......

Without a doubt, go to Colorado, where you' ve been already. If nothing else it will give you place to start researching and maybe you can branch out from there......again, research, research, research....

However, I bet if you did some internet/phone work, I bet you can come up with an outfitter that would set you up with a drop camp and come real close to price you want.

BTW, Wyoming is out....we already had our non-resident draw.....