Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Climber...anyone heard of it? >

Climber...anyone heard of it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climber...anyone heard of it?

Old 04-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climber...anyone heard of it?

That looks good to me, I saved it to my favorites. thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

The way I look at it is 28 lbs is not much to carry a mile or two with a smoke break, and hell for that price I may buy two so I can lock them on a tree for when I come back to the area to look for another tree.

Magic....when you said you drug many a deer...my word association game started playing tricks on me!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

The way I look at it is 28 lbs is not much to carry a mile or two with a smoke break, and hell for that price I may buy two so I can lock them on a tree for when I come back to the area to look for another tree.

Magic....when you said you drug many a deer...my word association game started playing tricks on me!
So what comes to mind when someone says a deer snorted?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Good looking stand. But for me 28lbs matters alot. I hunt public mountain land and that much weight = busted arss when you get where your going.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Probably laid up with an 8ball and hoofed it up without me being invited!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:41 PM

It appears to be exactly like two that I have, they are from Ameristep, The Grizzly, not from grizzly though. S.G. sells knock offs and close outs, they are a good quality stand, grip like a pissed bear and are super stable, that locking strap cinches down the top and bottom, and it willnot shift. The only drawback is the weight. That is why I now own a Summit, I just dont want to carry all the lbs. but I take the steel ones out a few days before to locationsso I can hit and run if needed.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Dominant Buck

28 pounds is a horse. Too heavy.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one with the Hunter's View label on it. It is awfully heavy. I use it as a permanent stand, carry it into the woods before the season and carry it back out after. It is very comfortable and quiet, and easy to climb with.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:50 AM

I had one of these stands but gave it to one of my friends when he got interested in hunting. Used it myself for about 2 seasons, good quality just heavy but not terrible to carry, the extra weight makes it really bite into the tree and stay there. Now I switched to a summit but it's still around 19lbs, so I lost 9lbs and spent more $$. I'm thinking more and more about some LW steps and a very light seat. Overall not a bad buy for the $$ if you don't mind the extra weight.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

i dont know about you, but when im 20 feet in the air i want a tree stand that wont get me killed, for that price how good could it be?

Quick Reply: Climber...anyone heard of it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.