Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It takes all kinds! >

It takes all kinds!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It takes all kinds!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default It takes all kinds!

I went out shed hunting at one of my spots today and saw the landowners wife outside. I went over to say hi and started talking with her. A neighbor of theirs walked up from out of the creek bottom behind their house and she introduced him to me.

She told the guy to tell me about the antler he found! I thought "Oh Oh".

Well the guy says, "I don't know much about them but I brought it to work and everybody there thought it was a big deal. I work for the conservation dept. One of the guys asked if he could come out and look for the other side and he did. He found it not 100 yards from the first one. Usually, when I find them I just toss them in the creek just to piss people off."

I'm thinking, WTF! What kind of a jerk is this!!??

How's anyone going to get pissed off? Unless the guy goes around telling everybody that's what he does.

Anyway, the guy's not a bowhunter and I'm the only one that hunts the property. To myself I thanked him for the information!

You know how it is....... I have to see it for myself to know if it's really special. If it is, I'll show it to you guys this fall!! [:-]
Old 04-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: It takes all kinds!

i hope to see some pics
Old 04-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Site Buck Guru

BTW, I did find one shed. It was at least 2 years old, from a 2 1/2,,,, kind of small but it had 5 points on it. They were all chewed off.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

I went out shed hunting at one of my spots today and saw the landowners wife outside. I went over to say hi and started talking with her. A neighbor of theirs walked up from out of the creek bottom behind their house and she introduced him to me.

She told the guy to tell me about the antler he found! I thought "Oh Oh".

Well the guy says, "I don't know much about them but I brought it to work and everybody there thought it was a big deal. I work for the conservation dept. One of the guys asked if he could come out and look for the other side and he did. He found it not 100 yards from the first one. Usually, when I find them I just toss them in the creek just to piss people off."

I'm thinking, WTF! What kind of a jerk is this!!??

How's anyone going to get pissed off? Unless the guy goes around telling everybody that's what he does.

Anyway, the guy's not a bowhunter and I'm the only one that hunts the property. To myself I thanked him for the information!

You know how it is....... I have to see it for myself to know if it's really special. If it is, I'll show it to you guys this fall!! [:-]
if you dont lease exculsive rights to the property you should get pissed off at others who find sheds there. hunter or not
Old 04-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats only the start Greg. Wait till he shows it to everyone and they try to hunt your area. I hope for your sake it don't happen. Maybe you should look him up and tell him the buck was killed by a car.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck with him this fall.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is kinda weird [&:]If, and i have found them in a creek, i would not even think that someone would have thrown it in there [>:]
Old 04-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Bartender

So as long as I stay in that creek I am not tresspassing? Hot damn!
But then again you did buy a new gun.[:@]
Old 04-14-2008, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats only the start Greg. Wait till he shows it to everyone and they try to hunt your area. I hope for your sake it don't happen. Maybe you should look him up and tell him the buck was killed by a car.
VERY astute observation, and practical advice!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

if you dont lease exculsive rights to the property you should get pissed off at others who find sheds there. hunter or not [align=right]
[/align]
Huh?

Quick Reply: It takes all kinds!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.