Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Disappointed in "Whitetail Freaks" tv. >

Disappointed in "Whitetail Freaks" tv.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Disappointed in "Whitetail Freaks" tv.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Disappointed in "Whitetail Freaks" tv.

Just watched the show, a guy missed a giant buck, okay it happens, they talked about it.

Next shot he takes, beautiful buck, he hits it in the neck in front of the shouder. He "says" on film "he's down". Great, he got lucky. It could very easily gone the other way. I'm all for showing it like it happens but why not mention it, why not say something that "I took a good shot but made a bad hit that still resulted in a quick kill". After approaching the animal, why not mention the shot and lucky outcome and suggesting NOT to take such a shot and that it wasn't intentional? Stuff happens, bring light to it, point it out, eat humble pie and move on. Someone might just learn from the mistake.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Disappointed in "White Freaks" tv.

Rob, i seen that the other day, terrable shot. I was thinking the same thing, no mention of the shot at all.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:46 PM

I like how he said making the bad shot and missing that absolute monster was a blessing in disguise. He apparently is "Glad I missed that deer."

I understand being happy about a clean miss over a bad hit, but he was happy that he didnt harvest that animal.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have given that show 2 chances looking to see if there doing something........ new or different, nope! That show does nothing for me!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya Rob!! Stuff like this happens all to often on the TV.[:@]
Old 04-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I watched a show "Game Nation" I think its called, I never heard of it. The guy shoots a giant Mule Deer buck, gut shot at 50 yards, with a crossbow not that it matters. Yalks himself into thinking he can make a 50yard shot, I knew the outcome before the idiot even shows the shot[X(]. Anyway they "review the tape" and decide to wait until morning to go look for the deer. They "said" they found the deer within 25 minutes of looking for it, hole in the guts and what I found strange that there was another hole in the lungs area! Now where did that come form??? No mention of a 2nd shot???[:'(] Point is they try to hard to "get it on Film", I just don't get it!
Old 04-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

It only proves that you don't have to be a good hunter to be on tv. Just have to have connections and /or money.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

It only proves that you don't have to be a good hunter to be on tv. Just have to have connections and /or money.
So true Magic!
Old 04-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, Poopenyoung said neck shots are great!

Some shows do make you wonder. It's why I watch very little.

Dan
Old 04-13-2008, 02:07 PM

Rob- I saw the same show just a little bit ago, and the first thing that came to my mind was if they spent as much time scouting and planting food plots as they did practicing shooting, he may have made a better shot. I know it happens to everyone, but I agree, they should have talked about the shot more.

Quick Reply: Disappointed in "Whitetail Freaks" tv.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.