Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is it like???? >

What is it like????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is it like????

Old 04-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is it like????

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Your probably getting teachers from PA as teaching jobs are hard to come by here.
Unless you're Technology Education. I had three job interviews just in Lycoming county. We are one of the best states to teach in both benefit wise and pay wise. Vabowman, I was only ever to VA beach, so I never got a taste for what VA was truly like. It was significantly more humid.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:01 PM

Hensler, yeh Va Beach sucks!! Too many people!! Yeh I assume it would be more humid here. Im not looking to move to MO, I was just day dreaming...... roots are way too deep here!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:58 PM

I actually live in southern Iowa, but if I drive 10 miles I can be in Missouri. Its a lot like Iowa theres tons of farms in the northern part of it atleast. The only real difference I know of is the speed limit is 60 instead of 55
Old 04-12-2008, 09:00 PM

I almost took a job up in Mannassas but got offered a better one at the last minute in Roanoke. Its closer to "home" too, about an hour. I priced apartments in Mannassas and decent ones were going for over $1000 per month. Crazy!
Old 04-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, Manassas is were I live...can be very expensive. I used to live in Fredericksburg and liked that alot better. I feel alot more comfortable down in Fredericksburg.....alot more things to do in nature, although that is changing rapidly. Oh well, my wife is from PW county. I am lucky as hell to have Quantico Marine base 5 minutes from my house or I might not enjoy much of any outdoor activities at all.

Brett
Old 04-13-2008, 06:06 AM

man Bret you are a dying breed up there bro!!! I don't know how you can stand all that traffic, however, it's gettting really bad here too... sucks!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Va--yes I am a dying breed. Out of all the people I have worked with over the years....maybe 50 different males, not one of them hunted....not one. It is crazy. A few fish, but that is it. I really wish I lived around your neck of the woods. I would be a much happier man.