Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would it take......... >

What would it take.........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would it take.........

Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What would it take.........

To get some new faces into our new Outdoor "HNI Round" League?? [8D]

What a great way to practice for hunting, or 3D, and just have some fun with our HNI brothers. I see so much interest in here for 3D and questions on how to get to be a better shooter.........and this league will help you with all of those. The answer to getting better whether you want to score high on the 3D course, indoors, or have the confidence to make that tough shot in the field when hunting is to practice with purpose instead of just flinging arrows. This league will force you to focus on your shot sequence and process of shooting good strong shots, and I'd be willing to bet all those that participate will finish this thing shooting better than when they started.

I know indoor paper shooting @ 20 yards isn't fun for everyone, but this is outdoors, at longer distances,and you aren't going to have to clean the target with a perfect score to win this thing. Trust me when I say everyone's going to do their fair share of missing.
I'd love to see some new participation in this thing from people that haven't tried this sort of thing and just want to have fun (please don't be intimidated, come join us and just have some fun). I'd also love to see some participation from those of us that are great shooters and just haven't done anything like this in a while (GregH, Matt, TFOX). [8D]

For those that may be interested.....

Rules Thread:

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2758436

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2758443

Smack Talk Thread:

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2758446

Hope to see you there!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would it take.........

I may sign-up...it's kind of soon to be shooting my left hand setup, and I may/may not still have my right hand setup...ah heck I'll sign up[8D]
Old 04-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right now it would take getting my bow back from Hoyt, so if you can help out there, count me in!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Right now it would take getting my bow back from Hoyt, so if you can help out there, count me in!!!!
Sorry, can't help you there, but if you sign up you have till the 27th to get the bow back and shoot a score. Heck, technically you can even have that first week be your missed week, so that would give you till the 4th of May? How long is it going to take to get it back?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

TTT
Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe as soon as my shoulder problem disappears I can start shooting again, hurt it at work a few weeks ago. Not enough to keep me from working as long as I work smart, just shooting[:@].
Old 04-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

What is it with us guys and shoulders I had one fixed and im workin on another one [:@]
ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Maybe as soon as my shoulder problem disappears I can start shooting again, hurt it at work a few weeks ago. Not enough to keep me from working as long as I work smart, just shooting[:@].
Old 04-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

I might give it a try. I've never done anything like it and it certainly would be good for my shooting.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

What is it with us guys and shoulders I had one fixed and im workin on another one [:@]

If someone else were to log in and read that he would say that your problem is from carrying around those fat fingers.

---BAM---
Old 04-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

OMG not you to Ill see you in June buddy boy [8D]
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

If someone else were to log in and read that he would say that your problem is from carrying around those fat fingers.

---BAM---