Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need a Fresh Perspective on my Hunting area >

Need a Fresh Perspective on my Hunting area

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a Fresh Perspective on my Hunting area

Old 04-09-2008, 09:33 AM

Default Need a Fresh Perspective on my Hunting area

Well I thought I would jump in here and show you what my hunting area looks like, and see what everyone things as far as stand locations and such. Now I have been hunting this farm for the past 8 years now. But I though I would show everyone here to see if you guys see a possible good stand location that for some reason or another I have over looked. Let me know what you guys think. everything not shaded red is the property lines I can hunt.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:37 AM

Default RE: Need a Fresh Perspective on my Hunting area

Here is a version of the map without everything on it, just the aerial photo

Old 04-09-2008, 09:47 AM

Hi Hardwoods. It's kind of hard to tell features from the picture. It's to bad that the farther away you get from populated places the worse the resolutiongets on the satellite imagery.I can barelyrecognize my uncles farm up your way but I can pick out some of the treesI sit in down here at home.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:51 AM

Yeah I know. I can see it better with the PDF version I have. But its still not as good as some of the images that are closer to populated areas. Basically the property is 2 ridges with a long narrow field between them
Old 04-09-2008, 09:55 AM

That field you mentioned is the first thing that caught my eye! What is the usual planting in that field?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you guys tried www.flashearth.com It seems to have better imagery than most of the other sites. Check it out, it might help you get a little better look from above.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: CCPaHunter

That field you mentioned is the first thing that caught my eye! What is the usual planting in that field?
Yeah thats the bad part. It is just Hay that just comes up year in year out. The farmer doesn't plan anything else in it, and sometimes doesn't even cut it. Last year it was chest high on me. It all depends on how motivated the farmer is. Sometimes he fertilizes it with manure but not always. Also the fields down along the main road in front of the cemetary are most always planted with corn, But those are not on the property.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:58 AM

Pa,depending on the crops in the area, haymay not be all that bad. 90% of my hunting is done in the hedgerows that cut troughhay fieldsor in the woods surrounding them. It has accounted for mybow kills and for the phenomenal sighting every year.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:08 AM

kickin buck-- I use virtual earth, google earth plus and map card. They all pretty much loose resolution away from populace areas.Like I said I can hardly pick out my Unclesfarm upstate Pa. I can't even see our huntingcamp inNew Lancaster Valley but I can see the dog house in my back yard here inNew London, Chester County.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: CCPaHunter

Pa, depending on the crops in the area, hay may not be all that bad. 90% of my hunting is done in the hedgerows that cut trough hay fields or in the woods surrounding them. It has accounted for my bow kills and for the phenomenal sighting every year.
It is not bad as long as its cut regularly but he doesn't cut it hardly ever and it gets very woody and the deer don't really care for it. Like I said I have been hunting the property for about 8yrs now and have a good sense of the trails and patterns. I just was looking for some areas people looking at the property with fresh eyes may think might be good new stand locations. Deer sightings on the property are very good and there are no shortage of doe due to the property to the north not allowing doe hunting. I will see if I can come up with some better aerial images.

Quick Reply: Need a Fresh Perspective on my Hunting area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.