Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is filming hunts becoming "Old Hat"? >

Is filming hunts becoming "Old Hat"?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is filming hunts becoming "Old Hat"?

Old 04-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is filming hunts becoming "Old Hat"?

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

Here's a question has taking video ever cost anyone a shot?
Absolutely
All i can say if a Camera cost me a deer, any deer. It would be on a on way trip to the bottom of the river[:@]
My exact thoughts as well... I am out hunting for personal reasons, and a camera will not come between me and those reasons.

You aren't so bad for a scUM fan.....
Old 04-09-2008, 08:16 AM

LOL...we all used to say that if a big deer (or any animal, really) was going to get away before the camera guy said shoot, no way would we not forget the camera and take it. Not anymore...most or all of us would be more disappointed in killing something and not having the footage, than allowing the animal to pass. Once you begin to realize the gratification that comes from watching the finished product hunt on the big screen...it just gets in your blood.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Spike

We started filming for one reason and only one reason, and that was to hunt more. We started a local show ( Ultimate Outdoor Adventures) that has grown enough to give us a chance to go on a couple hunts a year. As a full time school teacher I wasn't able to do that and now I can. I think to many get into TV for the wrong reason and that is their ego. I think a lot of the shows at the national level like others have said, are fighting for the same money. They put so much pressure on themselves that it takes the fun out of the hunt. We on the other hand try and have fun all the time, and haven't felt any pressure in making shows. The only time I get stressed is when we get behind with the editing. For me personally I love to film my buddies and others while hunting. It's almost more pressure to film than to hunt which makes it exciting for me.
So for me as long as we are having fun and get to do what we love to do then we will continue.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: jarman

We started filming for one reason and only one reason, and that was to hunt more. We started a local show ( Ultimate Outdoor Adventures) that has grown enough to give us a chance to go on a couple hunts a year. As a full time school teacher I wasn't able to do that and now I can. I think to many get into TV for the wrong reason and that is their ego. I think a lot of the shows at the national level like others have said, are fighting for the same money. They put so much pressure on themselves that it takes the fun out of the hunt. We on the other hand try and have fun all the time, and haven't felt any pressure in making shows. The only time I get stressed is when we get behind with the editing. For me personally I love to film my buddies and others while hunting. It's almost more pressure to film than to hunt which makes it exciting for me.
So for me as long as we are having fun and get to do what we love to do then we will continue.
Same exact scenario for us...all the way down to my partner being a teacher. Theediting is nodoubthigh pressure alot ofthe time considering itis easily a full time job on itsown.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wasone of the biggest loners in the world I always wanted to be by myself, But now that I have a cameraman with me I have have to say I love being the cameraman as much a the hunter.. Ifwe didn't have a production company to film for we would still film and just do it forourselfs, but haveing someone there to share the experence in the tree with you awesome.. Walt
Old 04-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Bartender

Especially if its family like the video me and my brother did together on a 8 pointer. I will cherish that forever!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Spike

If we are doing a job for someone then we make sure it is on video or we pass on the shot. However if its just us and it is an animal that is bigger than we have ever taken or its an animal we have not shot before we will take it off camera. However it is like RobinAim low said, the videoing gets into your blood.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

This year im gonna start filming just to show my family and friends, But if i can tell that the deer seen me or anything going to the camera im not going to bother with it, im just gonna shoot and say hek with the footage...
Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

[&:]Are you absolutly sure about that statement??

For the record I have never spooned another hunter, LOL

Here's a question has taking video ever cost anyone a shot?
Old 04-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Filming hunts will never be old hat for me, particularly with turkeys. There is something special about catching and entire fold of events on film for keepsakes. Where as photos can be kept for memories for life, film does even more. I've taken several deer and several turkeys on film and I love to sit and watch them again. Photos only do so much.

Quick Reply: Is filming hunts becoming "Old Hat"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.