Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do they do??? >

What do they do???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do they do???

Old 04-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do they do???

I often wonder the same thing, but from a different perspective. I am 18 and I have very few friends who hunt, and zero "close" friends. And I often wonder how they spend their Thanksgiving break, what they do on those beautiful October Saturday mornings (probably recover from Friday night knowing my friends). I couldnt imagine not spending my fall in in the woods.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are all TV Ho's.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:39 PM

wel,l some of the teachers are just clueless as to what it is that stirs me inside, others, well, they look at my chevy 1500 Silverado with Muzzy stickers, PSE stickers, Bowhunting Life at Full Draw decal, and the mud and the dried blood that I can't remove and just shake their heads. Nobody really says anything mean to me or out of the way, they just can't understand how I got an education and became a professional like them, yet Im so laid back and country. To them it's oil and water. My kids love me at school, some my students that hunt just simply want to hang out at my desk and look the pics of my deer. I really enjoy sharing with those kids. If you walk into the teacher lounge and look at my cubby, it is covered with pics of me and my deer. Some just walk right by and never even look, others walk by stop and ask if they are all dead.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont wanna know what id be doing if i wasnt an outdoorsman period. like i tell mom every time i head to the farm to coon hunt and she gives me crap about it...i just tell her i can be out coon hunting every friday and saturday nite or i could be out at the bar...she says "oh...ya...go hunt!" (mom still sees me as her baby boy even though im 21...)

it too is my way of dealing with life...i know if i dont get out hunting or fishing or in the woods or shooting for a couple weeks i feel weird...

like right now...i got piles of work that needs done and its beautiful out and i wish i could be fishin...driving me nuts...time to head to the library................
Old 04-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Jeff I read that on your journal, great story.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Site Buck Guru

They sit around, discussing with their wives, what the new, hot color is that they should paint the livingroom. Then they call themselves Handy men!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

They sit around, discussing with their wives, what the new, hot color is that they should paint the livingroom. Then they call themselves Handy men!
Lmfao!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:40 PM

I reckon your right Greg!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

And the scary part is the influence they have on todays kids.[:@]
You got that right!!! Watching TV or playing video games is the thing now. Hunting and or going outside and enjoying the outdoors is too much work for people these days.
Not for me i'm 15 and i dont even play video games, i watch tv, but only the outdoor channel and cmt, maybe speed channel. I would rather work on my truck go fishing or hunting.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

very well said bowman. im a ford parts guy but i work with peoplejust like the people you work with. i figure they set on their behind and READ boring stuff. meanwhile we are out getting close to our Creator and His creation! nothing better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.