Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Simple question....Do you hunt "Baited" animals? >

Simple question....Do you hunt "Baited" animals?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Simple question....Do you hunt "Baited" animals?

Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Simple question....Do you hunt "Baited" animals?

It should only be what is defind by your current state laws as baiting their for ozzy I believe your ok.

ozzy
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

So your saying the guys that plant plots are baiting??
Yes, thats what I'm saying. Sorry if this view offends you.
No offense I was just asking I kind of see your point and thats what I was saying about doe pee thats baiting too cause its not natural!
Dominant Buck

I do not include agricultural crops that are planted as a form of income.
I have a hard time swallowing this one.......given the other definitions. Food plots NOR ag crops are indigenous. Ifail tosee the difference.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I do not include agricultural crops that are planted as a form of income.
I have a hard time swallowing this one.......given the other definitions. Food plots NOR ag crops are indigenous. Ifail tosee the difference.
Really?? Are you honestly not going to hunt a farm in the midwest because the farmer chooses to make a living and raise a family off "his land"?

This is not planted for you! It's planted for him. And if you think a 100 acre cornfield (which is probably pretty small) helps the hunter..lol..you've never hunted in an area like it. Deer can go through an entire season and not move from it in daytime hours.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Bartender

I have to agree with Bob on this one due to corn fields everywhere here in my small part of the midwest. Now in Northern Wi where I hunt they put up 1 corn field near the public and leave it up all fall with no other corn fields for miles around, now this is baiting IMO. (Corn fields are not considered baiting under current law)
Their are times when farmers harvest all their corn down here and a few leave it up until the next planting season then this toME has to be for baiting but I can not prove this theory.
With that being said to each his own and good luck this coming season. 5 months to go for me!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

In the eyes of the laws of my state, No and No.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Really?? Are you honestly not going to hunt a farm in the midwest because the farmer chooses to make a living and raise a family off "his land"?

This is not planted for you! It's planted for him. And if you think a 100 acre cornfield (which is probably pretty small) helps the hunter..lol..you've never hunted in an area like it. Deer can go through an entire season and not move from it in daytime hours.
That's a huge leap, Bob. I didn't say I wouldn't hunt it (don't know where that came from????). I said it isn't an indigenous plant. Nor is a food plot (typically) indigenous. Therest of that question RE: the farmer is inflammatory.....lol. I grew up on a farm...and am all about the farmer.His abilityto "make a living and raise a family off his land" has nothing to do with the subject matter.

Given your analogy ("Its not planted for you....it's planted for him").....woudl it be"OK" to hunt over a corn pile someone else put out?

I ALSO never said anything about ANY size corn field helping a hunter. The most anticipated day around here......besides opening day.....is when the farmers cut the bedding ar......err....I mean corn.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can bait in PA. But! only in the special Reg area of 5d,5c and I think the area near Pittsburgh, not sure on that though. I hunt in 5d and 5c and I don't bait.

Hatchet Jack
Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok well you lost me in your mumbo jumbo...but you compared, both a food plot and a farmers cornfield to bait.

Here:
And you cannot see a difference in the two?? I guess I have no argument for that..You're wrong, I'm right! Dunno how else to phrase it!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Dominant Buck

And you cannot see a difference in the two??
What's the difference in a 10 acrebrassica plotand a 10 acre soy bean field, Bob?

Quick Reply: Simple question....Do you hunt "Baited" animals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.