Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Small scouting trip... >

Small scouting trip...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Small scouting trip...

Old 04-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Small scouting trip...

Went out this evening in hopes of locating some turkeys in a spot on our property that I really haven't set foot in too much since the seasons ended. All fall, I continously saw a flock coming into this spot, roosting, and feeding. It's a fairly steep sloping hay field with an Oak flat on top, and a smaller Oak flat/pine grove at the bottom. I actually called in a nice gobbler here last spring as well, so I was hoping they would be around again this spring. I snuck out into the field (from up top) and slowly inched my way down the hillside and saw a nice flock of 10-15. I didn't get a really good look at any of them because I was afraid of spooking them, so I slipped out. So, needless to say I'm pretty pumped. I wanted to sit around and wait for them to fly up to roost, but I wasn't sure exactly where they would roost (if they decided to fly up to the top oak flat where I was, I would be busted). The problem with this area is it's not conducive to putting birds to sleep, so I can't easily listen for them to fly up to roost. Anyone else have areas like this on their properties?

Hope everyone had a great weekend.