Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what is ur state ranked? >

what is ur state ranked?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what is ur state ranked?

Old 04-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default what is ur state ranked?

check out this cool site i seen posted on another forum..sorry if posted b4 http://www.nssf.org/07report/
Old 04-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is ur state ranked?

I have been telling you guys it is expensive to hunt Texas. Those numbers are rediculous,I know I contribute religiously to the numbers they are showing.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

#2 for the most hunters and #1 for the least amount of deer!LOL
Old 04-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Bartender

I was honestly surprised that Wi was #4 in resident hunters.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

twil, I was looking at the QDMA website and most every county in Pa. has at least 30 deer per acre.I was thinking that was really good. Hell has me wanting to come up there and do a little hunting.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oilpatchpride

twil, I was looking at the QDMA website and most every county in Pa. has at least 30 deer per acre. I was thinking that was really good. Hell has me wanting to come up there and do a little hunting.

30 deer per acre..... ain't no friggin way.....

I think you mean 30 deer per square mile..... think about how big an acre is..... a man with a compound bow could almost stand in the smack middle of an acre and ethically take deer at either end.... ALMOST.... with a shotgun/slug or smoke pole.... no problem. Might want to check that figure....

VA was in the upper middle, which for a state that isn't overwhelmingly large I thought was pretty good. 9th in Resident hunters... 17th in spending.... I thought it odd to look at California which as half as many hunters as VA, but over twice the spending.....
Old 04-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

twil, I was looking at the QDMA website and most every county in Pa. has at least 30 deer per acre. I was thinking that was really good. Hell has me wanting to come up there and do a little hunting.

I think you mean 30 deer per square mile..... think about how big an acre is..... a man with a compound bow could almost stand in the smack middle of an acre and ethically take deer at either end.... ALMOST.... with a shotgun/slug or smoke pole.... no problem. Might want to check that figure....

VA was in the upper middle, which for a state that isn't overwhelmingly large I thought was pretty good. 9th in Resident hunters... 17th in spending.... I thought it odd to look at California which as half as many hunters as VA, but over twice the spending.....
I think someone is pulling your chain on that figure![:-]There are deer here some parts of the state, but hell 30 deer per square mile???? Wow I want to hunt there. Hell it might take me 3 weeks to see 30 deer and thats on good land. I pitty the guys up north.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think someone is pulling your chain on that figure![:-] There are deer here some parts of the state, but hell 30 deer per square mile???? Wow I want to hunt there. Hell it might take me 3 weeks to see 30 deer and thats on good land. I pitty the guys up north.

There are places in SC where the herd is well over 100 animals per square mile... and infact speaking of PA... I read not long ago about an urban area, I think maybe near Allentown or heading towards Philly that was now up to well over 160 animals per square mile.... looking at doing urban archery hunts such as they have done in VA.

A square mile is a whole lot bigger than an acre you know....
Old 04-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think someone is pulling your chain on that figure![:-]There are deer here some parts of the state, but hell 30 deer per square mile???? Wow I want to hunt there. Hell it might take me 3 weeks to see 30 deer and thats on good land. I pitty the guys up north.

Yeah, my bad ....I meant mile...Anyway the map they have is color coded and most of Pa. they shows to have a lot of deer. Look at it and let me know what you think http://www.qdma.com/map/
Old 04-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, my bad ....I meant mile...Anyway the map they have is color coded and most of Pa. they shows to have a lot of deer. Look at it and let me know what you think http://www.qdma.com/map/

Thats a pretty neat resource. Maps are nice. I was pleased to see VA nicely covered in medium to dark brown in most places. Certainly there are always certain "areas" that hold more than others. Thats the thing about averages.... you can have an area with 100 and an area with zero and get 50..... even though there is no one area with 50....

Quick Reply: what is ur state ranked?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.