Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got a question that needs to be answered before TOMMAROW!!! >

Got a question that needs to be answered before TOMMAROW!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
DXT
57.69%
Drenalin
42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Got a question that needs to be answered before TOMMAROW!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got a question that needs to be answered before TOMMAROW!!!

Well I started this archery shoot at the local archery shop andI just finished up on Saturday and I took first out of 35 people and the first prize is a Mathews bow at $850 or cheaper but I got it down to the Mathews DXT or the Mathews Drenalin by the way I am 13 years old and I have a 25 inch draw legth so I couold shoot both of them so if you have shot one or own one of them please tell me what you like and what you don't like (if there is anything you don't like about them).

The only problem is...Is that I have to worry about one guy that still has to finish up 4 weeks of shooting and he may get up in first and that would be a bummer but if that did happen i'd go in second place and get the new Martin Fire Cat so that wouldn't be to bad either but anyways please write the things you like and don't about one of the two bows.

Thanks
John
Old 04-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Got a question that needs to be answered before Tuesday!!!

If he's behind 4 weeks he should be disqualified. Either way congrats but I'm not voting, I know little about either of the bows to make an opinion.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried both, bought the dxt.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Rob he should not be able to make up 4 weeks! Congrats and good shooting! I know nothing about either bow! Im guessing for free they are both worth it![8D]
Old 04-06-2008, 04:07 PM

The DXT is more forgiveing, faster, slimer, and so i think its better.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Host of Hosts

I agree too. Guys who fall that far behind should be DQ'ed. I see it every year at my range and I had a talk with the owner and told him how unfair I thought it was for 100 guys to get it done in 12 weeks and then he gives the slackers another 2 weeks to make up shoots. It won't be happening next year.

Another thing is guys who are always late for their shooting times and it puts everyone else behind. I say if your more than 10-15 minutes late you have to wait until the next groups shoot. I have waited sometimes well over an hour to shoot because someone was late.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah... This is more of a tecno dart shoot kinda like thing where the animals walk around on the screen and you shoot them and if you get them in the heart you get 30 pts if you hit half on the heart circle and the lung circle you get 25 pts and if you hit in the lungs you get 10 pts so its not where you have to wait for a bunch of people to shoot you can shoot whenever you want to during the 8 weeks they give you so this guy has to shoot 2 hours worth of shooting in 2 days so I am hoping I will be first but if not I am happy with the Fire Cat to.

You know I was thinking more towards the DXT cause I am 13 so I like the size of it and it is a little faster and it is a little lighter than the Drenalin but I am sure that they are both great bows so I will have to shoot them on Tuesday to see what one I won't for sure but till then please keep the advice comming!

Thanks
John
Old 04-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

I own a dren and have shot the dxt and the dren is definetly easier to shoot the dxt is so short it can't be real forgiving but they are both good bows.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah... But do think it would be the same way for a 13 year old with a 25 inch draw? cause I have the martin Cheetah right now and if you ever saw one of them they are really short bows and I shorta like them so I dan't know what would be better. I guess i'll have to shoot them both.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think the shop owner wouldn't have a problemwith you shooting them both before you choose. Thats what i would do. I have shot the DXT I can vouch for the smoothness of this bow it is very nice but i haven't shot the Drenalin since it first came out so i can't make a good comparison. But what a great oppourtunity!!! Shoot them both and then decide.

Quick Reply: Got a question that needs to be answered before TOMMAROW!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.