Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question About Trails.... >

Question About Trails....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question About Trails....

Old 04-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Question About Trails....

I found when out scouting yesterday, there seems to be 3 different trails...I was just wondering if maybe it has something to do with the maturity of the deer.

Once it gets past the 3 main trails...it is all about the same as far as how heavily they seem to be used. But when they are all somewhat parrallel, the red is heaviest, blue is in between, and the yellow is faint. all have scrapes along them on about the same sized trees. The trails I drew out, are pretty rough guesses..but they should be relatively close to what they were actually like.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question About Trails....

I would use trail cameras to determine what is using each trail. or dig up the ground and monitor the size of the tracks. BTW mapping those trails on a photo is a super idea. It will make stand placement so much easier.Is it possible that those trials are used at different times of year as the amount of cover or pressurechanges?
Old 04-06-2008, 01:48 PM

Could be Does useing one trail and Bucks using another!! I know that bucks will cruise along side a Trail useually on the downwind side keeping a check on Does movements
Old 04-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Photo Gallery Member List Search The Forum FAQ Ticket List Rules Log Out
I had a camera on the heavy trail last fall. And around late October the bucks started showing up over a scrape. It is along a 4 wheeler trail...I am gonna try to get my hands on a couple more cameras and have them set up along each trail. I have noticed when shotgun season is on. The big guys always come along the river, I was thinking maybe the more mature bucks uses this light trail. As it is furthest from the 4 wheeler trail (even though it rarely gets used) I am just guessing, but I was curious if anybody else has come across anything like this. Should be interesting once I get some cameras up.

As of now my stand is off the heavy trail.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was thinking the yellow trail might more or less be just your bucks using it. The other trails are being used by all the deer including the bucks different times in the year. Just a guess anyway.