Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting Turkey Tips, >

Bowhunting Turkey Tips,

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Turkey Tips,

Old 04-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting Turkey Tips,

I think your asking this in the wrong forum, this is the off season forum.

Good post!

I don't chase them so no tips here. Just can't justify the cost of getting something I can buy for half the tag cost. I can shoot them when deer hunting, just don't. Habitate around here is limited.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you haveto do hand to turkey combat, don't take it lightly. A wounded turkey is a bad mamma jamma.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

If you haveto do hand to turkey combat, don't take it lightly. A wounded turkey is a bad mamma jamma.
Thats the truth there! Though it may sound funny, dont take it lightly. If you hunt like me, those spurs will be sharp so dont underestimate them!!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

since this is a great thread, here is one more. When slpipping in on a Gobbling bird on roost, keep in mind that he may be gobbling with his head pointed away making him seem farther away than he really is, take your time when approaching so as not to get busted. I have learned the hard way on this one
Old 04-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

To go along with #8 if you've got a gobbler really fired up and gobbing his head off, shut up. He will come to find you. As tempting as it is to hear him gobble if you overcall he'll think the hen is really hot and expect her to come to him.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

It's because we have worked in a power plant for over 20 years and we can't hear squat.you never told anyone on here I had a fro back in 1979 did you????
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

since this is a great thread, here is one more. When slpipping in on a Gobbling bird on roost, keep in mind that he may be gobbling with his head pointed away making him seem farther away than he really is, take your time when approaching so as not to get busted. I have learned the hard way on this one
Old 04-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well ... what can I say that hasn't been said already , scout your hunting land early and offten , find out where there roosting.
Look for a water sourch , a dusting area , a struting zone and try to set up an ambush some where in between and call spairinly.
Decoys work well at times but just remember to have the jake decoy facing you at 10 to 15 yards.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:01 AM

Funny I though there would be strong recommendations for the use of a blind???
Old 04-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

I do use those cover blinds that are about 6 feet long, use 2 of them, in like a "V" shape in front of me.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:38 PM

Oh yea . . . . the ground blind. Neither my buddy or I would have scored last spring without one.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Turkey Tips,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.