Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tell me about the Reflex Extreme. >

Tell me about the Reflex Extreme.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tell me about the Reflex Extreme.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Tell me about the Reflex Extreme.

My cousin stopped over. Brought me a Relflex Extreme that a guy wants $100 for, rest (sucks) sight (ok), stabilizer (ok).

Sticker says 29", 50-70. Thing is, I put it on the scale and it came in at 80 lbs. Owner says it'll shoot 300 fps, I told my cousin, no way in hell.

So I made up a 405 grain arrow (5 grains over 5 grains per pound for 80 lbs) it shot it 267. He says oh yeah, I'll mention that to the guy.

I shot it across my basement, 17 yards, it grouped well, slapped arrows on the old Bemans I use to group shoot. (Don't want to ruin my ACC's. ). I told my cousin I could get it to shoot for him if he's interested. I had to laugh tho, the arrow pointed way in and was nock high but arrow low. I cannot even fathom how the guy hunted with it.

Deal or No Deal?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tell me about the Reflex Extreme.

I don't think it was much more than that new although a google search showed nothing usefull (typical hoyt help). Strings are stretched way out, need new. Price isn't bad, 50-75 would be better. Some bows ( I won't mention names) have certain issues that would cause a close inspection of the parts, lets say for instance limbs for cracks , this bow has none I know of, pretty solid. It was a good starter then, even better at a hundred bucks.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:17 AM
Bartender

For $100 why not otherwise if you end up wanting out sell it to the mathews guys for $150.[8D]

Old 04-02-2008, 04:54 AM

Sounds like it's got a stretched string, hence the high draw weight. The Extreme is an "ok" bow, for it's age. Now, help me out here, I'm pretty sure I know what that is, it's got round wheels, yes?

Man, don't quote me on this, I'm shooting from memory on a bow I'm not Extreme(ly) (bad joke, I know....[&o]) familiar with......I don't think that bow IBO's over 280.........
Old 04-02-2008, 05:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nah, it's a single cam. It actually has a harsh rollover for a single cam.

I can make him a new string, If he's interested, I'll tweak it, I am/was just very unfamiliar with that bow.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:31 AM

Hm, ok.....I must be thinking of a different one.....sorry, my bad.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Anyone else?

Was this bow an obscure bow that no one has any information or experience with it?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen a lot of different Reflex bows and have never seen this one at least i don't think. Wouldn't string stretch cause a loss in DW? $100 isn't much for a bow and there is no doubt in my mind that you can get it to shoot Rob, so it doesn't sound like a bad deal. I think i would offer $85 for it though and see if he goes for it!!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

I have seen a lot of different Reflex bows and have never seen this one at least i don't think. Wouldn't string stretch cause a loss in DW? $100 isn't much for a bow and there is no doubt in my mind that you can get it to shoot Rob, so it doesn't sound like a bad deal. I think i would offer $85 for it though and see if he goes for it!!
I agree, I thought string stretch cause loss in draw-weight, not gain. Rob, I had an old Reflex Bighorn Hunter Single Cam and it was actually a good shooting bow. I sold it this past fall for $150, and it was in fair to good condition.

Does the bow look anything like these....

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...reflex+extreme

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...reflex+extreme

Looks like the IBO is 285 from what the one poster says in his ad over on AT. But both of these in the pic's are double cams. I know the Single cam Bighorn I had was rated higher than the double cam version, and it had a cam that looked alot like the old "Hoyt Redline Cams." The price would be decent, nothing great, and he could probably get a LOT more bow for a little more money if he shopped around. But that's one of those "to each his own." I'd personally recommend he look around for a good older used parallel limb bow that shoots much nicer, and is likely considerably faster and nicer feeling in hand on release. But that's just my $.02.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah guys, now we're getting somewhere. I think I agree with you guys. I'll tell him to let that one go and I'll look around for a better bow at the right price for him. He has a Martin Firecat with cracked limbs and he's using it. I told him he's nuts but ya can't pick your family.

I appreciate you guys' help. I really do.

Quick Reply: Tell me about the Reflex Extreme.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.