Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting Glamour Shots - at what point do they get "weird?" >

Bowhunting Glamour Shots - at what point do they get "weird?"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I've seen some pretty gay pictures - and it weirded me out a lil bit
32.53%
Bowhunting photos should capture the beauty of nature in all its glory
33.73%
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard
14.46%
What the heck is "Glamour shots?" This poll makes no sense.
18.07%
This post will forever change the way I look at hunting pictures
1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Bowhunting Glamour Shots - at what point do they get "weird?"

Old 03-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bowhunting Glamour Shots - at what point do they get "weird?"

So we've all seen the staged photo, where dude has all the blood washed off the carcass - the hair neatly combed over the hole - he's holding its head in his hand, and gazing deeply into its eyes... He's sporting his best camo, his cuticles are trimmed, his shirt neatly pressed...

Or the guy who has some unlucky schmuck snapping photos of him while he poses at full draw like he'sposing for American Badass magazine.

The question is: When does it get "weird?"

For me, there comes a point where "respect for the animal" and "taking nice field photos" goes beyond a point of no return, where it just turns into some bizarro-world homo-erotic Glamour Shots photo shoot.

Kinda like that scene in Napoleon Dynamite, where Uncle Rico goes and gets Glamour Shots by Deb - with the tiny seahorses.
__________________________________________________ _________
For example, this year, my homeboyarrows a really nice buck - and says "take my picture." "K. Gimme the camera."

So I do, and he starts looking at it - and all the sudden, he turns into some kind of Andy Warhol - and says "the lighting isn't right, and I had a stupid look on my face." "Let's move it over here.."

[>:] "Dude." "Seriously."

We wind up moving it 2-3 times and taking about 15 pictures. He's showing "his good side" and making sure his shirt is tucked in.

By the time it was over, I felt like we both needed our balls re-attached.

This is a guy who was a college linebacker, and can be borderline scary from time to time... And now dude wants to be all artsy fartsy and have me doing glamour shots in somemud ditch in the middle of nowhere.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting Glamour Shots - at what point do they get "weird?"

As long as it isn't distasteful.....I have no problems with even a little blood (We're talking harvest/kill photos here....and not recovery photos).

We usually take a few....depending on the animal.....but don't get carried away.

When you cahnge clothes.....put on your (Insert name of proper sponsor here) hat.....place your (Insert name of tree stand mfr here) stand by the kill........or have to do this multiple times......

.......then yeah.....it's creepy weird.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am with you quiksilver. I have a buddy who is the same way. It takes almost as long to get his "perfect" picture as it did to take the deer in the first place. I have seen some come out that look really good, but I have seen some that also looks so stagged it is not funny.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Site Buck Guru

I can't get down on a guy for wanting a beautiful photograph. I may raise an eyebrow or two, but it's his gig, if that's what he want's to do I'll help him.

I may even offer to run home and get his make-up! [:-]

That's what friends are for.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

I see nothing wrong for taking multiple pictures of something you have worked so hard to get. Its just like anything else you want to remember. My father took a pic of a nice P & Y buck I took a couple years back and he said, that was probably the most happy I've seen you in a long time. I guess it comes down to perception.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 03-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

<-------- my glamour shot
Old 03-31-2008, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a guy who likes clean respectable pics. This includes cleaning up the blood the best I can, cutting the tounge off or shoving it inside the deers mouth. Whatever I can do to make it look respectable I'll do. The people that sit 10' in back of there animals to make them look bigger are the ones that make me laugh. Sorry but I'm grabbing that deer and ain't letting go when my pics are taking. I'm not out to impress anyone on the size of animal I shoot. As long as I'm happy with the size of animal thats what counts.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Virginiashadow, Don't take this the wrong way but, your wife is hott.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:02 AM

To me, getting a good photo of a kill is a priority. "Good" to me is the animal cleaned up, in the field, and from several views. I am just as happy, or more so in some cases, with a 8X10 on the wall to look at as a mount. I make darn sure I don't end up wishing I would have taken more time to get a better pic. For all the time and prep that goes into a hunt, I can't see not taking as long as necessary to get a photo that I will want to look at for well...the rest of my life I guess.

I do think laying a tree stand next to the kill, or holding up a bottle of thisor that,is too far as far as trying to represent sponsors.

Call me "gay" or "homo-erotic" if you want, but I am one of those that go way out of my way to make sure I get good pix.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Glamour Shots - at what point do they get "weird?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.