Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nebraska Scare

Old 03-29-2008, 04:07 PM

Default Nebraska Scare

As some of you know myself, Hunsucker and Jeff all went to Nebraska this week for an archery turkey hunt. The trip went well for the most part. Yesterday afternoon we entered some property we had permission to hunt and noticed a Jeep parked about 1/2 mileup the hill from us on the same property. They were shooting a .22 and we thought it was a little odd because we thought no one else was suppose to be on the property. We were going to call the landowner but we had not cell phone service. The jeep eventually drove off and we proceeded into another field to hunt. We set up in a corn field that was bordered by a gravel road about 300 yards away. About an hour into the hunt we were sitting there and out of the blue, Jeff says in a joking manner "I know theres hardly any traffic but what if someone shot at our decoys from the road?" We kind of laughed and said ya right. It wasn't 20 seconds and we heard a .22 round. We said that sounded like it came from the road. Then 2 more shots fired and we heard the bullets whizz by! We immediately jumped up and started yelling. It was the guy in the Jeep from earlier standing next to his Jeep from the gravel road shooting at our decoys! He stopped shooting and just stared at us. We then started walking that way. He stood there for a moment then got in his Jeep and slowly drove away. We could not get his License number and had no cell phone service to call anyone. It was a one of the scariest times of my life and am glad no one was hurt. We were in the middle of no where and would have had a big dilemna if someone was shot. We reported the description of the vehicle but who knows if anything will turn up. Definitely glad to be alive!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:11 PM

Default RE: Nebraska Scare

Scary stuff man....I have a scar in my right bicep from a .30-06. Sound shot at 20 yards and almost ended my life right there.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Scary stuff man....I have a scar in my right bicep from a .30-06. Sound shot at 20 yards and almost ended my life right there.

how did you get shot
Old 03-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is wild, that is the kind of stuff that makes headlines. You guys are lucky and as for the other guy he needed a good lo' southern ars whoopin.....
Old 03-29-2008, 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

ORIGINAL: _Dan

how did you get shot
Long story and I'm not going to jack Shawn's thread.....I'll tell it someday.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: oilpatchpride

That is wild, that is the kind of stuff that makes headlines. You guys are lucky and as for the other guy he needed a good lo' southern ars whoopin.....
Ya, lets just say we weren't the happiest hunters in the woods yesterday.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Similar experience, not fun.
Needed spare underwear!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

weve actually had something similar happen while deer hunting, people shooting at deer in the filed we were hunting from the road! very scary, its good that no one got hit!
Old 03-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dam poatchers [:@]Im so glad no one was hurt or killed. That could have went very bad. Some people just dont get it and do stupid things like that. What really yanks my chain is if something would have happened they would have called the gunman a hunter [:@]instead of a poacher. Glad you guys are ok Keep hunting hard and get some birds and be safe!!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Dam poatchers [:@]Im so glad no one was hurt or killed. That could have went very bad. Some people just dont get it and do stupid things like that. What really yanks my chain is if something would have happened they would have called the gunman a hunter [:@]instead of a poacher. Glad you guys are ok Keep hunting hard and get some birds and be safe!!
Blood, you sure you wanna go now?

Glad everyone made it out okay.

Quick Reply: Nebraska Scare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.