Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would it take to make you kill a doe fawn? >

What would it take to make you kill a doe fawn?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would it take to make you kill a doe fawn?

Old 03-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would it take to make you kill a doe fawn?

If I was starving... Whats the point really? I mean it gets you meat but jesus shoot momma and youll be fine. Not letting a deer live for more than 1 1/2... then there is something wrong with you.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

If I was starving... Whats the point really? I mean it gets you meat but jesus shoot momma and youll be fine. Not letting a deer live for more than 1 1/2... then there is something wrong with you.
lmao, glad you decided that 1.5 is the cutoff. Why not let em live atleast 2.5? Still young for a deer, heck its just their adolescence.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

lmao, glad you decided that 1.5 is the cutoff. Why not let em live atleast 2.5? Still young for a deer, heck its just their adolescence.
Because when a deer is 1 1/2 there not a fawn anymore dumbass
Old 03-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Dominant Buck

[&:]
Old 03-30-2008, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I dont recall you using the word fawn. I am just trying to understand how you deem it unethical to shoot afawn doe, yet ok to wack its one year older sister. Why is the 1.5 ok to shoot? Im aware that deer aren't fawns after their first year of life, heck I stop callin em fawns after they shed their spots.

Shoot what you want, Dont tell others what to shoot, Enjoy what you shoot. Anyone disagree with these guidelines?

Fawn or Yearling meat is THE best deer meat, bar none. Dont knock it till you try it.

Heck thats just my opinion, its been said something is wrong with me and I am a major DA, who knows[&:]
Old 03-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

This is funny. 11 pages of knowledgeable men debating others "ethics" or "hunting morals". You could remove doe fawn and insert 2.5 year old 8pt. and it would be the same "do as I do or your wrong" attitude. The entertainment value is priceless. I like to think of them as sandwich size.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fawns and bucks are the 1st deer to die in the winter. Just thought I'd mention it. It don't bother me that you choose not to shoot fawns, Its your choice as its mine.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:33 PM

young fawn yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................
Old 03-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not letting a deer live for more than 1 1/2... then there is something wrong with you.
BS - nothing more.[:'(]
Old 03-31-2008, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fawns are we talking fawns here?? Hey you guys shoot what you want and enjoy! How come the circle of people I'd hunt with, keeps getting smaller.

Quick Reply: What would it take to make you kill a doe fawn?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.