Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Human pee in a scrape? Pics........

Old 03-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Human pee in a scrape? Pics........

Some of you may remember my post when I "freshened" up a mock scrape I made at Dan's place. Well I forgot about it and left the same card in the camera when I put it up to see what was running around at my place 2 weeks ago. Turns out I had deer visiting that scrape just over24 hours of my "freshening". I've got some video of the 5 pointer from this last season too, I had him walk under my stand 2 times at less than 30 yards and have video of both encounters.

Also, isn't it interesting to see just how social they are with these scrapes, both does and bucks? I also think it's interesting how far past the rut they were visiting..........

Look at the dates on the pics to tell the dates of everything. Posted in order:

\

Old 03-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Human pee in a scrape? Pics........

I'v eheard of people putting human pee, doe pee and buck pee in scrapes. There really wasn't a difference in the number of hits each got.

But there you have photo evidence that is doesn't spook them.

Of course.....lol.....you're gonna get the "Yeah....but it scares mature bucks", soon
Old 03-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'v eheard of people putting human pee, doe pee and buck pee in scrapes. There really wasn't a difference in the number of hits each got.

But there you have photo evidence that is doesn't spook them.

Of course.....lol.....you're gonna get the "Yeah....but it scares mature bucks", soon
I don't think I'll make a practice of putting human pee in a scrape, I was just curious to see what would happen and we were already done for the year hunting at this point so we figured what the heck. Before the human pee, we had a dripper going with buck urine and the activity was just about the same.

I know next year I'll be using mock scrapes and cameras more heavily for scouting effort. It worked well to let me know what's in the area this year. I think if I can get these setup closer to the core areas of the larger bucks at both my place and Dan's, I'll have a better idea whats running around. I won't be getting into their bedrooms, but I know some other spots a bit closer that I'll likely setup some cameras and check them on my way in/out to stands during season. They will also help me monitor the trespassers........[8D]. I'm kinda itchy to get one on camera so I can make an example to the locals.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice piece of research. cool pics.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:00 PM

Does this mean I can start peeing out of my stand, or do I gotta keep carrying that battle in my pack? [8D]
Old 03-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting.
Maybe he'll change his name from the hunter formely known as Rick James to Bladder Boy (BB - for short)!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually, the real study found that "new car scent" seemed to generate the most interest, followed closely by human urine.

I've typed it on here a hundred times if I've typed it once... human urine does not spook deer. I've read too many reports, seen too many studies and gathered too much feedback from fellow bowhunters. I find it hilarious these days when I hearabout people lugging pee jars, leftover Gatorade bottles or other various paraphernalia into the woods with them so they can avoid their pee touching the ground. Most of the more hard-core bowhunters I know let 'er rip.

And as far as the mature buck crowd? I got onto this guy a few years ago now and hunted him exclusively that year. I saw him six times, and he was within bow range three times before I got my arrow through him. He walked right under my stand once, but it was too dark to see my pins. Never did he act suspicious, and I pee from my stands all the time.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:15 PM

Really!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Site Buck Guru

You have photographic evidence that you are quite the ladies man!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you on this one Greg/Mo. I had the pee bottle in my pack for years. Then I was watching a Hunting show and I think It was Chuck Adams who said that he pees in buck scrapes. I was also told by some Old Timers I talked with on a hunt in Illinios that they do it all the time. So I started to pee in scrapes and out of my stand for sometime now. I had 3 doe bed down 10 yards from my stand last year downwind of me. I was 20 ft up the and I had to pee real bad!! So I did! It did not spook them doe in anyway. The slept there for 2 hours before the got up to feed.

Hatchet Jack

Quick Reply: Human pee in a scrape? Pics........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.