Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What are ya'll's Backgrounds? >

What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

POPEand Young, it wasn't hard at all. It was a blast. My brother, the retired Marine, now lives in our old house. He screwed up though and put concrete on the basement floor. LOL The house is an old post and beam house built by my Grandfather and his brother. My dad was born in the house in 1902. I now live 200 yards up the hill from my brother in a new house. To clear my lot to build last year I had to cut down pine trees I helped plant when I was in 7th grade in 1957. We lived in the woods or on the creek. I logged a lot of hours swimming and hunting. My time in the woods served me well in Vietnam.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

That does sound like a blast David!! I guess it wouldn't be a whole lot harder than growin' up on the farm. That is quite a tradition you got there, yea he shouldn't have poured the concrete!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

I have your typical outdoorsperson upbringing.
Grew up on the edge of an armpit of a city. My mom came here from Japan in the 50's. Her and my biological father divorced when I was about 2 years old. My step-dad got messed up in drugs and he and my older brothers were the biggest drug dealers in the area. We had a drug raid in '77, complete with a helicopter and dudes storming the house. My step-dad left the country for awhile. (I'm like in grade school during this time) My mom had to work two full time jobs. So, I was kind of onmy own. Thankfully, my house was in a 'nicer' area with woods and for a brief time, we even had a lake across the street. I spent all day and half the night out in the woods, by the lake and along the river. It was my escape from the 'real world'.

My biological father was a violent, abusive alcoholic, but he was also an outdoorsman. I saw him very rarely but he taught me how to skin critters, brain tan and the basics of hunting.

My mom grew up in a fishing village and taught me to fish and had me filleting fish when I was four.She was always supportive of my outdoors pursuits. So was my step dad before and after the drug years.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

I grew up in the suburbs on Minneapolisand spent most of my time playing sports, hunting and fishing mostly in Central MN (Staples area).

Played JUCO baseball in Mpls then finished college in Central PA at Susquehanna University in the early 90s.

Now I am marriedand have2 girls (3 and 7) and live back in the burbs of Minneapolis. I still manage to hunt and fish a bunch all around Minnesota and work at an IT- Telecom Consultant.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Christine i commend you for growing up and becoming the great person that you have!! The outdoors really are a great way to leave the real world behind, i wish more kids would realize this instead of turning to drugs and such!!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Johnny did you play ball at susquehanna?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

I have your typical outdoorsperson upbringing.
Grew up on the edge of an armpit of a city. My mom came here from Japan in the 50's. Her and my biological father divorced when I was about 2 years old. My step-dad got messed up in drugs and he and my older brothers were the biggest drug dealers in the area. We had a drug raid in '77, complete with a helicopter and dudes storming the house. My step-dad left the country for awhile. (I'm like in grade school during this time) My mom had to work two full time jobs. So, I was kind of onmy own. Thankfully, my house was in a 'nicer' area with woods and for a brief time, we even had a lake across the street. I spent all day and half the night out in the woods, by the lake and along the river. It was my escape from the 'real world'.

My biological father was a violent, abusive alcoholic, but he was also an outdoorsman. I saw him very rarely but he taught me how to skin critters, brain tan and the basics of hunting.

My mom grew up in a fishing village and taught me to fish and had me filleting fish when I was four.She was always supportive of my outdoors pursuits. So was my step dad before and after the drug years.

That explains a lot.Now I completely understand you Christine.

So why do you hate Carp so much???
Old 03-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good on jm!!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Good post!

I too play baseball in college. I am a sophomore. Hunted my whole life as well as fished. Love them both! Grew up hunting just about everything!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ICALL2MUCH, where do you play ball and what Division?

Quick Reply: What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.