Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What are ya'll's Backgrounds? >

What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

There is a new winner for person I would least like to be! The person that hits Big John in the head with a pipe and does not knock him out!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was ready for "Then one stormy Christmas eve Santa came to say Greg with your nose so bright" You know the rest!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grew up in a small farming town (under 1000). Both my parents came from farming families, so I spent a lot of time working on my grandparents and uncles farms growing up.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Raised in a town of around 28,000, back then;still small enough to be able to walk most places I wanted to go. Spent a lot of time out in the woods growing up and fished a lot of stock ponds nearby.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Third generation Woodstock New York.I have been fishing and hunting since I was allowed to.Woodstock NY is now 70% second homeowner occupied.We are in the catskill mountains which are plentiful and rugged.I used to hunt or fish every day after school until high school athletics came around.Most of my class mates moved out of the area for employment opportuniteis.I feel very fortunate to have been able to stay.I see turkeys and deer practically every day of the year and have plenty of great out door activities within easy distances.
I am and will always be a country boy.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

tsoc would really like to get up that way and see the country some day!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: tsoc

There is a new winner for person I would least like to be! The person that hits Big John in the head with a pipe and does not knock him out!
LOL...Yeah, you should have seen the look on his face when I got up! It got nasty for a little while there before we decided to leave the scene......I got my revenge right there and then, that's all I'm going to say.....
Old 03-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I grew up on a small ranch in the mountains of Idaho. My Dad was a logger my mother teaches school. My back door my entire life has been pretty much and endless supply of public and timber company ground land to hunt and fish.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I grew up in Miami, Florida - right in the middle of the city, working-class residential neighborhood. I think I must have had hunting in my blood, though, because I pestered my parents for a BB gun until they finally got me one when I was 8 years old. I immediately began hunting - shooting lizards and iguanas in our backyard. I probably shot hundreds, if not thousands of lizards by the time I was 14 and my family moved to Ohio. A good way for a kid to hone basic marksmanship skills on live creatures.

In Ohio I graduated to groundhogs & rabbits with a .22 or shotgun, then to deer. Started bowhunting when I was 28, and now pretty much exclusively use a bow or muzzleloader for deer and turkey.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

A Marine's son...lived all over the country. Settled down in Fredericksburg, VA and began hunting by myself at 17. I fished alot with my dad for as long as I can remember.

Quick Reply: What are ya'll's Backgrounds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.